Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife rides a Yamaha FZ-07 and the stock exhaust on it is so quiet I fear for her safety. I have decided to get an aftermarket exhaust that is a bit louder and have narrowed the choices to two full exhaust systems.

I like both of these choices as far as sound and performance but please chime in if you have experience with or have an opinion on which exhaust is better in quality as far as build and durability. I don't want to drop a grand on an exhaust system and end up with buyers remorse.

Akropovic FZ-07 Racing Line Full System (Carbon)

vs

Two Brothers FZ-07 S1R Full System (Carbon Fiber Canister)

The thing I do like more about the Akropovic is that the company claims no ECU modifications are needed. However, what matters most to me is the overall build quality between the two companies.

:toocool: Thanks in Advance,

BR6

·
pin it to win it
8,085 Posts
Ye those 2 aren't even comparable. Akra ftw

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Akra

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
That's like comparing a pinto to a bmw. Arkopovic has always been at or near the top of the list of high quality exhausts. Two brothers has been contesting the bottom of the barrel with D&D for years.

FWIW, any "full" exhaust should need a re-tune (though a piggyback system or ECU flash). If it doesn't, that implies that there haven't been any large changes to the exhaust. In other words, you wasted your money on a full exhaust that is exactly the same as the OEM unit (as far as how the headers are designed).

Oh, and loud exhausts don't do anything for safety. If anything they are worse since you'll be less aware of your surroundings.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Pinto ftw! Wait... what?

No comparison in those exhaust!

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
cant imagine any complete Akra system being disturbingly loud.
Yeah, unless the can was left off or something...

+1 to pics though...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Akra is not a loud exhaust it's tone is just nice. I have one on a 929 they are really exceptionally built systems. Comparing it to a graves, they are about the same, I just tend to like the sound of my graves better than the arka (this is coming from an akra fan with a TI system)

FYI I also look at how the exhaust fits into the bike itself, the akra system seems to not fit quite as nice into the bike as the graves does. The Graves seems more narrow where the akra seems larger more pronounced next to the swing arm.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Meh, on the R6 the Akra sounds better than the Graves if you take out the db killer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.