Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Read Only
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this ad on craigslist http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/2077958346.html

i talked to owner down to 6500 maybe even 6400. What do you guys think? I haven't checked it out in person but it seems like the only problem is that the chain is sagging a little and it looks a bit rusted. The left mirror looks a bit scratched too so maybe it was dropped.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
deffinatly inspect it more to see it it has been dropped. Chain being unmaintained can be a sign of all around bad maintence. it looks good int eh pics but deffinatly take a closer look in person. Other then that, the 07 is a good bike:fact

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm in las Vegas and seen the same add just today i was starring at it for minutes them clear beautiful pictures the 2007 R1 is the beast just the bike id get if i get something past my R6

·
Read Only
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so i emailed the guy and he said he dropped the bike once, but replaced all the parts so there's not a single scratch on the body. I am going to inspect it in person but its kind of far for me so i wanted to make sure that it's a good deal (assuming its in a good condition) before i make the trip

·
2007 R6
915 Posts
I wouldn't buya bike that's been down.
dropped or crashed?

You would be hard pressed to find a bike that has NEVER been dropped at least once. Accidents happen and we all lose balance and drop a bike, it may not happen in a year but in a few years time it's most likely going to happen.

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
I can't tell you how much more I like those R1's than the 09-current ones.

·
Box Boy @ Woodcraft
802 Posts
dropped or crashed?

You would be hard pressed to find a bike that has NEVER been dropped at least once. Accidents happen and we all lose balance and drop a bike, it may not happen in a year but in a few years time it's most likely going to happen.
better dropped than crash thats for sure. my R6 was dropped and i bought it. it checked out fine, some minor scuffs but nothing bad. nothing to fret over.

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
I can't tell u how much better my '09 sounds than any previous R1 out there :FU
I honestly like the way the R6 sounds over a R1. Sounds to much like a Mustang going down the road.:thumbdown

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
If you know how to work on bikes and like to mod stuff buying a dropped/crashed bike is where you'll find the best deals.
+1 most bikes get dropped eventually... whats some broken/scuffed/scratched plastics when the bike is structurally sound still.

i've wrecked mine and dropped it in the year and a half i've owned it, and i'm sure it'll get wrecked or dropped again before its all said and done, and i really dont care. i'm gonna ride it until i total it, or it dies from exhaustion...

i'll never understand how people can buy a bike, and 3 years later it only has 3000 miles on it. i bought a bike to ride the shit out of it :fact

my bike still looks good, but she definitely looks like i ride her hard.

·
^^ tallest Yamaha rider^^
6,296 Posts
I honestly like the way the R6 sounds over a R1. Sounds to much like a Mustang going down the road.:thumbdown
:laugh an R6 sounds like every other typical inline 4...an '09 R1 sounds like a twin or V4; much more unique..but hey, to each his own. I love both bikes

·
scared of big tracks
8,491 Posts
:laugh an R6 sounds like every other typical inline 4...an '09 R1 sounds like a twin or V4; much more unique..but hey, to each his own. I love both bikes
:yes
It's all about personal preference. I like the r6 for city riding, but once the streets open up or you go for a longer cruise the r1 to me feels super comfortable.
And the sound is GREAT, especially with an aftermarket system on it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts