Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Needs more stars
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my husband was at the DMV doing some paperwork for my new bike he also put in an application for the custom license plate I wanted. The plate was to say HER6 (which came up as available in their computers) and he filled in that the plate meant that I was a female and the bike is an R6. Simple enough, right?

Well...I just got a letter in the mail telling me they could not approve my plate request because:

Per California Vehicle Code, Section 5105, the department may refuse any combination of letters and numbers that may be considered offensive, which could be misleading, or in conflict with any existing license plate series issued.
:screwy

Plus I get to wait 4-6 weeks for my refund check. :thumbdown

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Thats bullshit...I wonder whats so "offensive" about it:screwy

·
Worry About The Addiction
230 Posts
:lmao well that's dumb don't know how it can be offensive haha would have been koo HER6

·
RESPECT
29,160 Posts
offensive, which could be misleading, or in conflict with any existing license plate series issued

Doesn't necessarily have to be offensive, it could be 2 other things as well..

·
Needs more stars
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
offensive, which could be misleading, or in conflict with any existing license plate series issued

Doesn't necessarily have to be offensive, it could be 2 other things as well..
But how would it be misleading? :laugh And I am pretty sure that it could not be the last one since the DMV's computer said it was available.

I am hoping it was just a dumb mistake. I am going to call/write/go to the DMV and see if they will fix it.

BTW - when I got the custom plate on the old bike I got a call from the DMV telling me the prison inmate that made my plate misspelled it. :lmao I have bad luck with this. :yuk:

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,256 Posts
That sux, but look at it this way:

The custom liscence plates in CA are a crock! You end up paying a yearly fee which IIRC for my wife's Fiat "XFUN9" was about $15/yr. I get paying a fee once to order a custom plate. But it shouldn't cost you a yearly fee to maintain it!

The state of CA is trying to save you money for as long as you own your bike. :D

·
Needs more stars
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

The custom liscence plates in CA are a crock! You end up paying a yearly fee which IIRC for my wife's Fiat "XFUN9" was about $15/yr. I get paying a fee once to order a custom plate. But it shouldn't cost you a yearly fee to maintain it!

The state of CA is trying to save you money for as long as you own your bike. :D
:lmao It is a lot more than $15/yr now. :thumbdown

·
Registered
52,007 Posts

Not just your bike... CA is going to get their money no matter what... registration fees doubled last year too...

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,256 Posts
When my wife and I went out to visit her mom in November, we had to help her get her cars registered. She had let them lapse, and one of them required a "test only" smog (both needed smog tests). Between the late fees (2 months late) and the smog tests it cost well over $800 to get the regs renewed!

My comment to my mother-in-law was, "You realize that the STATE owns your car and you are paying rent to use it, right?" Seriously, if your car fails a smog, it either becomes a "test only" each year for life or you have to sell it to the state for $3500!!

I am soo glad I no longer live in CA. Registration, here, for 1 truck, 2 cars and 3 bikes: about $125....no smog!

·
Registered
52,007 Posts
When my wife and I went out to visit her mom in November, we had to help her get her cars registered. She had let them lapse, and one of them required a "test only" smog (both needed smog tests). Between the late fees (2 months late) and the smog tests it cost well over $800 to get the regs renewed!

My comment to my mother-in-law was, "You realize that the STATE owns your car and you are paying rent to use it, right?" Seriously, if your car fails a smog, it either becomes a "test only" each year for life or you have to sell it to the state for $3500!!

I am soo glad I no longer live in CA. Registration for 1 truck, 2 cars and 3 bikes: about $125....no smog!
I pay more than that for each of my vehicles, bikes included... :nono

At least the bikes are smog exempt... for now.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts