Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Poop sex
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont want to but it doesnt look good. I just got orders to Japan and I dont think I can take any personal vehicles. I cant see letting it sit in storage for several years while Im gone and letting it rot. What a bummer.:thumbdown

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
That sucks, I have a buddy over there right now, He gave his CBR to his dad to ride around town, He is going to be back home in 2 years also He has been there for 1

·
High Five!
1,025 Posts
I would pass it up for Japan. Get another when you get there, I'm sure you can find one. Imagine the women..... /drools

·
Keep it Rubber-Side Down
272 Posts
So? How much are you going to be asking for her?

·
Poop sex
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah there will be some sweet rides available in 2 years. I may even be able to pick something up over there and ship it back. I do love this one though its a great bike.

As far as price I dont know what I would ask for it. Its an 06 with 13k on it. What do you guys think it would be worth?

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
Yeah there will be some sweet rides available in 2 years. I may even be able to pick something up over there and ship it back. I do love this one though its a great bike.

As far as price I dont know what I would ask for it. Its an 06 with 13k on it. What do you guys think it would be worth?
5k-6k depending on what time of year it is and what the market is like by you. I know a couple people who bought 06's at the beginning of the season for 6k with about 10,000 miles on them. Now I see a bunch of em goin for 5200-5700 or so.

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
that sucks man... i'm pretty sure you can TMO one vehicle back from japan when you're due to rotate back stateside. my buddy could for free when he came back after a 3 year tour. definitely pick one up over there and use all your extra overseas pay to build it up so its a monster when you get back!

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
Don't have anyone that you can trust to put a thousand or so miles on it per year while you're gone?

:werd Don't sell if it you don't want to man.. Just have a family member or friend (you can TRUST) keep it safe!

·
Poop sex
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't have anyone that you can trust to put a thousand or so miles on it per year while you're gone?
:werd Don't sell if it you don't want to man.. Just have a family member or friend (you can TRUST) keep it safe!
I would do that but they are already storing my vette. Their garage is going to be full with my car and their car. I hate putting people out like that.

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
Well in that case, sell the biatch. You can always get another one just like it. Oh well.

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
I'd be excited about getting the new model R6 or even a R1 when you get back

·
Poop sex
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'd be excited about getting the new model R6 or even a R1 when you get back
An R1 would be sweet:YEA. Dont know if Im ready to ride a beast like that though. I cant even push my 6 to its limits.

·
Ride It
984 Posts
Dude... sell this one and buy a right-side drive R6 when you get over there... oh wait. Well I'm sure you can SOMETHING to "ride" while your there. You wa hap enden?

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts
Sell this bike, save your pennies and pick up the next gen R6 when it comes out when you get back
:fact

1 - 20 of 34 Posts