Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my bike is a r6 2013. i was practicing slow wheelies at my friends house when i looped it. broke the stator cover on the left side and it spilled oil everywhere. right before the bike hit the ground i noticed it shut off on its own. im guessing this is a tilt sensor. so i replaced the cover and put new oil. i went to start it up and all it does it just turn over without firing. it seems to me its the fuel pump not working cuz of a tilt sensor being tripped. when i hit the starter button there is a single click sound by the ecu as the engine turns over. i need to get to work tomorow can anyone help me out??????

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well usually when my kickstand is down and im not in neutral it wont turnover because it knows the kickstand is down. thats why i would think its not the kickstand switch. if i disconect the sensor will it just bypass it?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok so i have determined its not the kickstand switch. i dont know what else to do its turning over but won't fire

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Slow wheelies he says................

I'm going to go with the tip sensor.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
tip sensor. or it hates you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im thinking its for sure the tip sensor. i was 12 o clock, then 1oclock and started scraping tail. thats when i jumped off and started running with it while holding the bars. when it went 2oclock and started falling is when i heard it shut off. now i found the tip sensor under the ecu. if i unplug it and try to start it gives me a code 41 and still wont start. if i tip the sensor upside dpqn and try to start i get code 30 and it wont start. if i put the sensor how its supposed to be it doesnt show a code but still wont start..... any ideas?

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
And you didn't record any of this scrappie scrape action?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my buddy was right there watching and was about to record me but i was just warming up. i do have pictures of the aftermath tho

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would think that the tip sensor would be ok based on the fact that when it is hooked up properly it shows no code, and when i disconnect the sensor i get a code, and also when i turn the sensor upside down i get a different code. that leads me to believe that the sensor is working properly. oh and as far as doing the diagnostic mode to check the voltage how would i go about doing that?

·
Vendor
3,956 Posts
The nice thing about the R6 and its diagnostic mode is it allows you to know for sure, rather than guess and "think" it's ok or not. And, it's easy to use.

If you have a service manual, pg 8-40 - 8-48 (download here - http://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/pdf/2007_R6_Service.pdf)

How to enter diagnostic mode -

1. Turn the main switch to “OFF”.
3. Press and hold the “SELECT” and “RESET” buttons, turn the main switch to “ON”, and continue to press the buttons for 8 seconds or more.NOTE:•All displays on the meter disappear except the odometer/trip meter/fuel reserve trip meter/stopwatch display.•“dIAG” appears on the odometer/trip meter/fuel reserve trip meter/stopwatch LCD.
4. Press the “SELECT” button to select the diagnostic mode “dIAG”.
5. After selecting “dIAG”, simultaneously press the “SELECT” and “RESET” buttons for 2 seconds or more to activate the diagnostic mode. The diagnostic code number “d01” appears on the clock LCD.
6. Select the diagnostic code number corresponding to the fault code number by pressing the “SELECT” and “RESET” buttons

Cycle to the lean angle sensor which would be d08. 0.4–1.4 is good, 3.7–4.4 is no good.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok i did the diagnostic mode procedure and for D08 it says 0.6.... so now what should i do?

·
My bike hates me
776 Posts
Give me your Bike. It obviously doesnt like you anymore!

Check to see if your fuel pump is still pumping fuel. Check for spark. At least those are my go to's but i dont have all that fancy diagnostic shite on my bike

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
alright so i drained and removed the tank to examine the fuel pump. once i went to pull the fuel pump out it was in 2 pieces hanging together by a few wires. the 2 main pieces clip back together. so i put it back together and put everything back together. and it still just cranks but wont start. i cranked it for a good 15 seconds before the battery started dying so i have it charging right now and ill wait for a full charge to see if it will start. does anyone know the likelyhood of the fuel pump now being trash and me having to get a new one? when i turn the key to "on" i hear the fuel pump making its little sound it usually does

1 - 20 of 21 Posts