Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have 2012 R6. The clutch has gone pretty tight. It hurts my forearm and palm after riding it just for 15 mins. How can I loosen the clutch? Is there a DIY video or a guide I can follow? Any advice/help is much appreciated!

Thank you

·
Registered
14 Posts
My bike had a pretty stiff clutch, to the point where my hand was in pain when riding for a while. I replaced the clutch cable ($17) and changed the oil to Motul 300V, it is smooth like butter now. I also noticed that when you press the clutch with the bike cold, its harder than when it warms up.

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
My bike had a pretty stiff clutch, to the point where my hand was in pain when riding for a while. I replaced the clutch cable ($17) and changed the oil to Motul 300V, it is smooth like butter now. I also noticed that when you press the clutch with the bike cold, its harder than when it warms up.

let me ask... when you "replaced" the cable with a lesser quality one, did you bother to lube it prior to installation?? An OEM assembly is near $30... motion pro about $25... tell us the source for this $17 cable that works so much better than an unlubricated one??

·
Registered
14 Posts
I replaced the cable with an OEM one, it was $17. I also lubricated the cable using Motion Pro Lube and replaced the oil, I press the clutch with 1 finger now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts