Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Yamaha 2009 R6 I recently bought it has a power commander V. When I bought it the guy didn't know what he was doing and some of the cylinders weren't firing so I then took off the seat and noticed that the battery connection where the Power Commander connects as well was loose so I tightened it and then all cylinders was firing and my bike was fast as hell then a month later as I was riding on the freeway and came to a stop and then started to drive again the power wasn't as powerful and my pipe sounded weird I have a two brothers exhaust system not a slip on full exhaust. I can't explain the sound of my exhaust but the best thing I can say to give you an idea is it sounds like a weed wacker. I checked all coils and did primary and secondary resistance test and all the coils are good I checked the spark plugs and the spark plugs aren't wet with gasoline they're good. I did not check if they were sparking but I did the water test and all 4 cylinders are firing. Can somebody help me with an idea of what is going on. Also there is no check engine light on was thinking to run a diagnostic test but I don't see the needs to do that because the check engine light is not on. If someone can give me some ideas what I can do or what my problem is that would be great thank you so much.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys if anyone hasn't figured it out I had the same problem on my 2000 r6.. turned it off one night and the next morning it would idle rough and also the exhaust sounded terrible and very throaty even with a factory exhuast.. I had maybe 1/4 the power and wouldn't accelerate at all in mid range to top end. I found out when I took the air box off and started it with the carbs exposed I seen that one throttle body slider wasn't moving when revving when all the rest did. I took it apart and the gasket wasn't in place correctly and wasn't creating a vaccum on the slid3r.. I repositioned it and reinstalled with the gasket on right and fixed the problem.. bike sounds great and has full power again hope this helps guys

· Administrator
266 Posts
So I'm sure the OP figured out his issue as this thread is 2.5 years old. We appreciate your attempt at helping.

Kevap 👀
Forum Admin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts