Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my x g/fs brother only 19yrs old. him and i were still friends even though his sister and i weren't together. he was at a concert ... friends said he smoked alot of pot and was jumping all around sweating, and getting way too excited. he then passed out and stopped breathing. we later realized it was a heart-attack. 19yrs old! even though this has nothing to do with us bikerz...i just thought i'd share it with you. if you know friends and/or family that are a bit over weight... help them out. i never thought a 19yr old could have a heart-attack. maybe the heart-attack was caused by smoking weed?...i doubt it but still. he's gone and it really sucks. everyone be safe, ride safe and live life to its fullest. thanks

jim :(

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
i know how it feels to loose a friend, keep your head up

it's not the trees cause im a smoker and we don't need to blame god's nature on mother nature

my prayers and thoughts

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
dude, sorry for your loss. its never easy. 19 yrs old and overweight shouldn't lead to a heart attack unless he was severly overweight. I'm 30 and overweight and I do more strenuous stuff than i probably should but I know when to stop as well. and more often than not, your legs will give out from lack of stamina and you'll drop to the floor before your heart gives out. perhaps he was on X or something? its been known to cause exactly this kind of situation. no trying to say he was doing something he wasn't or anything like that but, that might be the real reason for the heart attack. were they going to do a toxicology report?

my condolences to his family during this difficult time and to you as well. head up and if you need to talk, we are always more then willing to listen.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well we're waiting for results. but thats what i said to her (his sister, my x) that maybe he was on x or coke. but its still a factor of being overweight. i mean he was OVERWEIGHT. not just alittle. oh well...he was 19 and his life has ended. im just trying to keep his sister calm. she is 22. well thanks for the replies

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
ya, regardless, its sucks and I'm sure its hard as hell on his sister. best thing you can do is just be there for her and let her deal with this in her own time and in her own way. just be supportive and be the shoulder to lean on when she needs it cuz she most definitely will, especially around the holidays and stuff.

·
Registered
524 Posts
My condolences man. I can't see how him being overweight could have caused a heart attack at his young age. Heart attacks are caused by blocked arteries and he just wasn't around long enough to have blocked arteries. I'm betting it was some sort of chemical in his system or an undetected heart defect.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea thats what i plan on doing. shes acually on the phone with me right now. she called me to talk. thanks for your replies guys.

jim

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
man that sucks to hear, my condolences to all who know him.

as for a heart attack at 19 it would take a heart defect and that amount of strain he was puttin on it by smokin and jumpin around. its becoming more common these days with all the stress out there. be safe people

·
Registered
728 Posts
Sorry to hear your loss bro. Like everyone else said, keep your head up.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Sorry about your friend....I hate seeing a young life taken.....It's really unfortunate that he didn't get to spend more time on earth....Sorry again man.....Did he have Asthma?????

I've seen this happen before at Tom Petty concert.....My X-Girlfriend was doing the same thing....she had smoked a little and was jumping up and down n shit then she just fell over had an asthma attac.....I picked her up and took her to the medics.....

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
RIP! sucks to hear of anyone passing on, especially that young.

He wasnt by chance into extacy or meth was he? Those are some nasty drugs, especially meth, and a heartattach is very common among them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im not sure what he was on yet...we wont get the results back for another month i think. but she is (his sister/my x) taking it pretty well. i dont think its hit her yet. im not sure if he has asthma but i know he liked to smoke alot of pot. thanks for all your replies i appriciate it and ive shown his sister this forum and she also wanted to say thank you. (shes afraid of bikes heh) take it easy everyone and ride safe...life safe do everything safe because u never know when something could go wrong :(

jim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts