Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday 6/29/08 ride to Sandia Crest, Albuquerque NM. After the group went up the road and down we had a new rider meet us at the bottom. He owned a 636 for three days. None of us knew this. We headed back to town, Santa Fe, with him tagging along. He stayed in the back with his friend(in the very back). When a set of turns came up the rest of us took off and kinda left him behind unnoticed. after about 10 miles we stopped at a gas station waiting for the group to regroup. I was in a hurry to get home so I left the group. The next day (today) my buddy calls me and says that the guy never came and that they saw two cops pass by at speeds over 100. He said that the guy crashed. I was dang is he alright. Well he died...

careful out there every1 don't ride over your ability which we forgot to explain to him thinking he had more experience.

·
Red6
440 Posts
Thats really to bad to here... we had a close call on Sunday our selves. We had a poker run going through 5 different fire departments here in Northern Colorado for a fire captain that just pasted. Anyways I was at the station helping not rididng and as the last group was headed through town a van hit one of the cyclist, just a 19 yr kid not wearing a helmat. Luckly enough he was smart how he laid it down and the kid is alright besides some minor abrassions and road rash.
Like above ride safe and smart.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea im still ion shock I didn't know this guy at all but dang he had a daughter and a family

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Damn dude, that really sucks. :(

Sorry to hear.

R.I.P, buddy. Wish you could still be here with us :(

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Dude....
Sorry to hear about this :(
If an article comes out on the net or in the papers will you post it for us?

RIP Buddy...
...he didn't even get to experience all the full thrills of being a rider:nono:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dude....
Sorry to hear about this :(
If an article comes out on the net or in the papers will you post it for us?

RIP Buddy...
...he didn't even get to experience all the full thrills of being a rider:nono:
yea im waiting for one ill post it, the guy i ride with works for the local paper. I'll ask when one comes

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
3 Effing days man...
he only had his bike for THREE FREAKING DAYS!!! :cuss:
(Removed by Paytheon...completely unacceptable language)

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
yea well i disagree with the God thing
We all have our opinions and our experiences in life that shape them and I fully support and respect everyone's opinions :)

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
sad story, my prayers go out to him and his family.

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
R.I.P. rider thoughts and prayers to family and friends......:(

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
i hate to hear this. r.i.p

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
my condolences go out to his family and friends. it sucks to hear shit like this, its not fair.

·
Raven got its makeover
508 Posts
I never like to hear about things like this. I've seen a few riders go down...even in my truck driving around i stop to get out and help out anyway i can.

Its really sad to hear he left behind a daughter and a wife....my prayers go out to those suffering

·
Healed.
1,084 Posts
R.I.P. God bless his family. I hate hearing these stories but it reminds me even more how I have to say safe.

·
"Man's Game, B*t*h"
20 Posts
Gotta stay in your ability no one cares how far your knee drags..... In time the knee will come down. Stay safe everyone!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts