Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
man, riding home from work today i heard a strange noise, like something hit . I ingnored it thinkin i just kicked up a rock or something.. Well fucken hrs later, Im kickin it in my garage, and notice the damn cheep ass Hot bodies Plastic piece of shit bracket was gone :cuss I think I know where it's at, so I gotta go try and find it now. DMV in cali sucks, i dont wanna go there.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sorry to hear about your mishap. That sucks when you're on the freeway and lose something.

I was on a freeway one morning, going about 75-80, when shit starts flying out of my backpack. The zipper thread split, casing the pack to open. What a freakin mess. I didn't notice until I got home. I did feel that my backpack seemed light after I exited the freeway.

Oh well.

The worse part is, I tried to go back on the freeway the next day to look for my shit. Man, that was a bad idea. I've never got on and off a freeway so many times, looking at stuff on the side of the road!!

Lesson learned. get a good backpack!! :cuss

·
Registered
953 Posts
DMV is bad everywhere. be nice if they put a little more effort into makeing obaying th law a little more pleasant.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cdemon said:
DMV is bad everywhere. be nice if they put a little more effort into makeing obaying th law a little more pleasant.
Yeah DMV has this new system that is even worse, you get a number, and they let you sit down. Thats the first indication that you'll be in there through breakfast and lunch.

I found my license plate :jump Made it a family thing on the way to Toys r Us. My daughter was like, "this it not the way to toys r us daddy". :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I ended up riding most of all last summer without a plate. I lost mine twice. First time some had to of stolen it. Second time, the fender eliminator that i got from McCoy's broke off.

Also.....here's my trick with backpacks for those of you having problems.

I punch a few holes on both sides of the zipper and then just run a couple zipties or the like to insure it stays closed if the zipper breaks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
DVS1, congrats on finding your plates!!

Friggin Hotbodies... wouldn't you know it... Yesterday I'm tooling around and all of a sudden, I hear a god auwfull noise coming from under my seat. The plate bracket from my hotbodies undertail had snapped at the bend and the plate somehow slide down the tire hugger and was boucing around. I wasn't going fast at the time, thankfully, so I was able to stop and grab it.

I was surprised that the air resistance from riding and accelerating was enough to snap that peice.

I guess its a good excuse to get a carbon plate holder or fasttags. :)

Anyone have any suggestions??

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NueralOveride yeah these hotbodies brackets suck :!: Glad to hear you found your plate too, and that no damage was done to the bike and you. Tire could of easily kicked the plate around the undertail causing damage. Im gonna look for something at work so I can make one.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I actually like the size and shape of the bracket. Just wish it was metal. I might see if I can duplicate out of aluminum and have chromed.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Dvs1 said:
cdemon said:
Yeah DMV has this new system that is even worse, you get a number, and they let you sit down. Thats the first indication that you'll be in there through breakfast and lunch.

I found my license plate :jump Made it a family thing on the way to Toys r Us. My daughter was like, "this it not the way to toys r us daddy". :mrgreen:
to get the plate for my bike i sat for 4 hours and then the lady told me oh. we dont' take visa, only cash. she told me it was my fault for not seeing the sign - on the exit door facing in. wtf. bitch. they also close at 4:30 i don't get off at 4:30.

·
Registered
963 Posts
make it yourself?

shit, it took me almost 2 hours to get my aftermarket turn signals in place.

if i tried to make my own fender eliminator, it'd be like a monkey trying to **** a football.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
Ed said:
make it yourself?

shit, it took me almost 2 hours to get my aftermarket turn signals in place.

if i tried to make my own fender eliminator, it'd be like a monkey trying to **** a football.
last time i checked a monkey fuckin a football only took ten minutes but that was 2 years ago, so it coulda changed since then :mrgreen:

and how in the hell did it take you 2 hours to put on some aftermarket signals man. i made some brackets and wired up my buddys 600rr with some and it took like 20 minutes tops. ofcourse i do this kinda crap all the time and had access to tools to make it easy but dam even with a hacksaw and drill i coulda done it 30 minutes

·
Registered
963 Posts
Shit, the turn signals had bullet connectors and the yamaha connectors were the plastic ones. A few people on the forum told me to either solder the damn wires together or get another bullet connector to match. So I go around looking for another bullet connector that would fit the aftermarket turn signal, but no damn store around here had them. I went to Pep Boys, Radio Shack, Home Depot, and Ace Hardware. So I ended up buying both male and female bullet connectors. I went home, cut the connector off the aftermarket turn signal and the yamaha light.

Then I tried for the next 40 minutes to put the new bullet connectors on with my leatherman. Shit, who knew that bullet connectors were so damn fragile. When I finally got that on, I realized I didn't take the fucking nut that holds the light on the frame. Shit, it's a fucking pain to describe, but the nut goes over the wires from the aftermarket light, so... oh **** it. it's a pain in the ass to desribe. I now have the lights on, and they work well.

I just bought greggs custom flushmounts, and I'm leaving work early today so I can take em to a place that'll do it for me. No more of this mechanical shit for me...

I never took shop class. I grew up in New York City for crissakes. they don't teach that kinda stuff. But if there's something that has unbreakable on it, trust me, I can probably break it.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
man thats sucks, didnt mean to get you all flustered there but i didnt know you added in the time to get all the stuff ya needed to put em on too. but atleast you got em on there. and hell i did the same thing with the aftermarkets i had on m bike for awhile, i didnt put the nut on before i sotered em together, i was a wee bit pissed, but i got it done. hope the greggs go on a little easier for ya :cheers

·
Registered
963 Posts
No worries, I get flustered over a lot of shit. My doctor says if I keep taking my pills I'll stop having violent surges of anger too.

I hope the flush mounts go on easier too. I took off the mids yesterday. Took one look at the 3 wires and the 2 wires of the greggs custom flush mounts and said fuckit. Taking it to a motorcycle shop. I won't be messing around with those expensive flush mounts.

If I have time tomorrow, I'll have to post a retarded man's guide to installing aftermarket turn signals...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ok... temp fix in place, and all it cost me was $2.38 and about 20 min.

I actually like the location. I might modify the design a little, paint it or chrome it and call it a day.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
NeuralOveride that looks cool man. I started making a bracket, I just need to drill the holes and paint it. It's made out of metal, basically almost the same design as the hot bodies. , just trimmed a little more. Not sure if I'm going to paint it black or blue...the blue is going to be hard to match, out of a spray can.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts