Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Building a Zombie
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:nocontrol im tryna find the loudest exhaust i can buy for an 06 r6..... i dont ride the bike much as it iz and im sure the cops aint gonna say a dam thing 2 me cuz out here in tampa cops dont bother chasing you if your on a bike so im safe there...i juss wanna c what some of yall recomend 4 me:nocontrol:toocool::jump

·
Building a Zombie
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LMFAO that shit sounds like a harley wit open headers...lol thnxx tho....im lookin 4 a hella loud slip on tho:jump

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Slipons arent going to give you a TON of sound without doin a full....

I think dd will be your best bet...

·
fast like nascar
171 Posts
your defiantly not gunna get a super loud exhaust without removing the cat. the slash cut does produce more sound than the stock can, but a slip on just seems like a waste to me. at least get a mid pipe.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I got the megaphone...pretty loud. Cheap too for a slipon. If you want it even louder for cheap...get the TTuner midpipe or some kind of y-pipe. There's a couple clips on youtube with a dude who has the megaphone and the ttuner midpipe together. Sounds mean as shiiit. Check it out..it might be what you're looking for

short clip of r6 with midpipe and megaphone together
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sf9RcGXhZL8

good clip showing the difference in sound between a stock r6 and one with midpipe and slipon
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hE8FFMcofGc

·
Can't drag ****.
554 Posts
I have a slash cut and its definetly louder than stock but no where near as loud as it is on my buddies gixxer, the cat on the 6 kills it quite a bit, perfect for me, i also like the very subtle look it offers

on the other hand, dont run from the cops, youll end up a pile of red mush.

·
Wheelie Instructor
425 Posts
my buddy yamahauler has a Leo Vince that sounds bad ass. i have a graves that makes it sound like a race bike. both of our bikes are loud and people know when we pull into the neighborhood. its just that simple.

on the 06+ the only thing you can do to get loud is go full system. you need to shed the cat under the bike, and since its welded on, that leaves you with the options of full system, or doing more work on a mid pipe.

so pick now.... welding, cutting, and work.... or tons of money... thats the only way to get loud on the 06.

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
:nocontrol im tryna find the loudest exhaust i can buy for an 06 r6..... i dont ride the bike much as it iz and im sure the cops aint gonna say a dam thing 2 me cuz out here in tampa cops dont bother chasing you if your on a bike so im safe there...i juss wanna c what some of yall recomend 4 me:nocontrol:toocool::jump
remove the exhaust system all together, or just get a harley :nono:nono:nono:nono:nono

seriously, you haven't heard the pop yet, you know, the sound you hear when you pull your head out of your ass

·
Building a Zombie
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
...LMFAO i never sed that i wud run 4um a pig....i juss sed here in FL the piggy wiggyz wont bother 2 chase u cuz they know they wont catch u..and besides who w:moonants 2 end up red mush...LMFAO

·
It's a lifestyle
155 Posts
Loud won't always mean that it will sound good.

HR1 Riot pipe
Racefit Growler pipe
D&D - modified to a shorty

or

find a pretty looking muffler tip and just use that.

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
i would think mjs race header with a d&d.get some ear plugs.lol

1 - 20 of 69 Posts