Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bike just turned over 100 miles... time to mod it. :nocontrol im looking for a slip on, i want a small can style. looking for loud! i know i could go with the moto gp style but i want to be kinda legal... any suggestions would be great!

thanks
jake

·
Registered
917 Posts
i think you should give your bike a few more miles before you start moding, i did my first mod right after 800 miles

·
Zombies may bite!!!!
1,182 Posts
You want loud, go full system your not going to get loud with a slip on.

Full system recomendation Graves!!!

:)

·
Zombies may bite!!!!
1,182 Posts
P.S. I'm happy to see those reflectors where the first to go!!

lol

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i had the bike for 15 min.: fender elim kit, led taillights, flushies, and last night took the passenger pegs off... tinted windscreen tonight. and all decals gonna get trashed

·
Registered
88 Posts
Are you considering gp style to be like the megaphone tips, or the Termignoni gp style can? I was more than satisfied with the Termi sound just being a slipon. However now that is mated up to an 05 header, it sounds bad ass.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you considering gp style to be like the megaphone tips, or the Termignoni gp style can? I was more than satisfied with the Termi sound just being a slipon. However now that is mated up to an 05 header, it sounds bad ass.

i was hoping to stay away from that style of tip... i think they are pretty ugly...

·
mailbox killin' werewolf
3,856 Posts
here is the megaphone pipe on my 06. It looks really good and i get compliments all the time for the pipe and the carbon tank cover. I've also been told it's really loud and sounds really good.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
I heart my R6
464 Posts
If you take off the muffler completely, its still gunna be almost the same as stock (i dont even have a muffler, just a metal tube (megaphone) ) and its just a tad bit louder than the stock muffler

You really need to remove the stock baffle/cat if you want it loud

1 - 12 of 12 Posts