Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyway else had a problem on the 03 r6's with the bike choking out in real high or low RPM's. I have mine at the dealership now and they have had it for over a week still not sure whats up. They did just recieve a bulliton from Yamaha telling them to replace the coils. If any1 has has a similar problem please let me know. Also a heads up for any1 that has the problem in the future. It started at around 14,000 miles. I'll keep you guys updated when we solve the problem.

Anyone needing anykind of decals contact me. I specialize in custom vinyl on motorcycles and cars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Upate-

Problem fixed. They dont even know what they did and they had the bike for 3 weeks and 3 Mechanics. So If any1 does have a idea of what it could have been please let me know incase it happens again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
***Update*** Sorry for the delay but coils were on back order. As myself and everyone else seemed to think that solved the problems. Its running really good now. The best part! It didnt cost me a penny. Yamaha paid for it even though my warranty was up.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Glad you got it worked out.
The coil problem is a Yamaha tech issue, meaning they will replace them at no cost, warranty or not.

I might have mine replaced just in case.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i thnk i have the same problem..... does it boggle??? damnit..... i hate when theres something wrong with my bike... and the dealerships down here doesn't really give a shiet.... they won't help u unless u got grip loads of money.... fcukin asshol3s......

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
SimpleeFresh said:
i thnk i have the same problem..... does it boggle??? damnit..... i hate when theres something wrong with my bike... and the dealerships down here doesn't really give a shiet.... they won't help u unless u got grip loads of money.... fcukin asshol3s......
take it to them and have em change the coils, its free and they really cant refuse you since its a recall issue. if they do im sure you could get ahold of the yammie people and see what they say about it :cheers

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
I am sure it was the coils. I have an 03 myself and just recently got the coils replaced 3 weeks ago for a similar problem. Throttle response was very weak & intermittent at low & higher RPMs. It happened to me on my way home & not when I was riding hard in the twisties! That could have been ugly!

My bike was also around 10k when it happened.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have an 04 and i astarted having the same exact problem, and when i called the dealership they said that i just needed to have it remapped...since i had a new can on it, but i had already had it mapped. SO i took it in they remaped it, again, and i'm still having that problem, it's only ocassional, but it does still happen everyonce and a while. Has anybody heard about any recalls or defects on the 04's yet?

·
Registered
784 Posts
As far as the mapping, my buddy was told that the power commander can drop your map and revert back to its baseline map if it recieves any type of voltage spike or drop. The delearship told him to re-install the map every few months or so, just to be safe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts