Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
mailbox killin' werewolf
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my low beam bulb on my 06 went out tonight. I pulled it out and there isn't any brand name on it so i am guessing that it's stock still. All it says on it is Korea H7 12V 55W. The bulb has a blue tint to it. Is this stock??

·
mailbox killin' werewolf
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
mailbox killin' werewolf
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea that was my thought but i'm not sure. Either way i think i'm gonna have to end up getting a new set instead of just one replacement.

·
mailbox killin' werewolf
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
anyone have any advice on which bulbs to get for my 06 r6. I want to get close to HID as i can. I'm thinking blue bulbs.

·
mailbox killin' werewolf
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually just ordered a set from http://autolumination.com/headlights.htm

I got the diamond blue xenon plasma bulbs so we will see how they are. There really cheap only $12 for a set so i don't know. I also ordered the 194 bulb in blue for the center aux light.

·
Registered
560 Posts
^^12 dollars. you could go to wallmart and buy phillips bulbs for a little more expensive and they will work better for sure. go HID

·
mailbox killin' werewolf
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'll let you know when they come in

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
Yeah just go HID, you can get a set on Ebay for about $80. Youll be amazed at the difference in light output.

·
Registered
560 Posts
i know. at first i didnt want to go to hid because i was worried about spending money like that and having them crap out on me. i took the pluge and got xentec brand of ebay. one of the sweetest mods you can do. it not only looks cool (dont go higher than 6000K tho) but it is very effective

·
Registered
560 Posts
hey did you ever get those bulbs in?

·
mailbox killin' werewolf
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yea i just put them in yesterday. There the diamond blue color but it looks more of a mix of orange, blue, yellow, and red. It looks really cool. I didn't like then at first but it's starting to grow on me more and more because it's different. From far at ground level they are really bright like HID's.

I also put a blue bulb in that center light so it looks a little more custom now. That center bulb is a piece of cake to put in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts