Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Want to get your thoughts/opinions on low cost mods for this bike.
Currently the bike has Full Ark. titanium exhaust, PC, 520 conversion kit w/speedohealer, KN filter, flush mount signals, integrated brake light, hyperpro damper, rear seat cowling, piug DB screen.
I didn't care for the Yamaha blue, but I got a steal for it, so I removed the God awful white decals and others.

·
Registered
166 Posts
What do you mean? Like what can you do? Or what is our opinion of cheap mods in general?

Not sure if you like the look, but a nice wheel stripe in blue might look nice ($15). Brake reservoir cover (~$5)? Have the rear tire shield painted to match the bike? K&N air filter?

I guess it depends on your definition of "cheap" and what you're looking for - appearance or power.

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do you mean? Like what can you do? Or what is our opinion of cheap mods in general?

Not sure if you like the look, but a nice wheel stripe in blue might look nice ($15). Brake reservoir cover (~$5)? Have the rear tire shield painted to match the bike? K&N air filter?

I guess it depends on your definition of "cheap" and what you're looking for - appearance or power.
I guess I'm asking for people's opinion of the bike and what things I can do to improve it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Looks nice...already has some stuff done to it (flush mount turn signals and under-tail, along with at least a slip-on exhaust). Again, though, it depends on what you're looking for and what you consider to be "cheap". Cheap as in less than $1,000? Less than $500? $100? $50?

"cheap" is relative

·
2003 R6
691 Posts
It seems like you have about everything done to it. Dont know what else you could want done.

·
Registered
320 Posts
thats one clean looking bike. like the no decals that things clean!

·
pop wheelies
1,615 Posts
Looks 99% like my bike. I would paint the aux light. I went with the smoked integrated and black windscreen ,and the aux light complements them quite well. Maybe some bar ends also?

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the advice, I'm looking at the brake lines and powder coat costs, the HID seems like a mod I can wait on. silver08r6, I finished the 520 conversion project and went all right, calibrated speedo with the speedohealer and GPS, my stock setup was way off, 16% off(indicated 71.4 mph, actual 60 mph) so my top speed I have gone on it was 178mph, I thought a little high but I was cool to say "she'll do 178!" With the kit I lose a little top end, but I had it up to 150mph in 30mph winds so I believe it will get in the 160-165 range. But money well spent, 2nd gear power wheelie! 6th gear acceleration is instant now, great pull at 75mph. Funny story, I broke the tip off the riveting tool I was using, the chain was all on and stuff just needed my master link trimpt, 2 minute job, I had to take it to the dealer since I broke my tool, 2 minutes and $16 bucks less it was good to go, yeah $16! I was pissed, but like my wife said, "what are you going to do? It had to get done." But I guess I was pissed at myself for breaking the tool in the first place.
I took pics of the installation of the 520 conversion kit and speedohealer. I anyone wants info on the install, I'll send directions with pics, just email me at [email protected]
R6-forum.com is complicated for me, took some time just to post the pics of my bike

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Rim tape. :D

·
Registered
88 Posts

where can I get the Brake reservoir cover? I've looked everywhere and can find only the automotive ones...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts