Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Want to get your thoughts/opinions on low cost mods for this bike.
Currently the bike has Full Ark. titanium exhaust, PC, 520 conversion kit w/speedohealer, KN filter, flush mount signals, integrated brake light, hyperpro damper, rear seat cowling, piug DB screen.
I didn't care for the Yamaha blue, but I got a steal for it, so I removed the God awful white decals and others.

·
Registered
166 Posts
What do you mean? Like what can you do? Or what is our opinion of cheap mods in general?

Not sure if you like the look, but a nice wheel stripe in blue might look nice ($15). Brake reservoir cover (~$5)? Have the rear tire shield painted to match the bike? K&N air filter?

I guess it depends on your definition of "cheap" and what you're looking for - appearance or power.

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you mean? Like what can you do? Or what is our opinion of cheap mods in general?

Not sure if you like the look, but a nice wheel stripe in blue might look nice ($15). Brake reservoir cover (~$5)? Have the rear tire shield painted to match the bike? K&N air filter?

I guess it depends on your definition of "cheap" and what you're looking for - appearance or power.
I guess I'm asking for people's opinion of the bike and what things I can do to improve it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Looks nice...already has some stuff done to it (flush mount turn signals and under-tail, along with at least a slip-on exhaust). Again, though, it depends on what you're looking for and what you consider to be "cheap". Cheap as in less than $1,000? Less than $500? $100? $50?

"cheap" is relative

·
2003 R6
691 Posts
It seems like you have about everything done to it. Dont know what else you could want done.

·
Ur mom doesnt fit on back
247 Posts
brake lines, res/oil caps

HIDs if you can find them at the right place

oh and you could def find some sweet look frame sliders that are good to have

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
brake lines, res/oil caps

HIDs if you can find them at the right place

oh and you could def find some sweet look frame sliders that are good to have
Got sliders, brake lines sound good had some on my 04, I liked them

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
how bout you get some gear.....looks like them chicken strips are calling your name.

·
Registered
81 Posts
adjustable clutch levers to go w/your 520 conversion?

·
Registered
320 Posts
thats one clean looking bike. like the no decals that things clean!

·
pop wheelies
1,615 Posts
Looks 99% like my bike. I would paint the aux light. I went with the smoked integrated and black windscreen ,and the aux light complements them quite well. Maybe some bar ends also?

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the advice, I'm looking at the brake lines and powder coat costs, the HID seems like a mod I can wait on. silver08r6, I finished the 520 conversion project and went all right, calibrated speedo with the speedohealer and GPS, my stock setup was way off, 16% off(indicated 71.4 mph, actual 60 mph) so my top speed I have gone on it was 178mph, I thought a little high but I was cool to say "she'll do 178!" With the kit I lose a little top end, but I had it up to 150mph in 30mph winds so I believe it will get in the 160-165 range. But money well spent, 2nd gear power wheelie! 6th gear acceleration is instant now, great pull at 75mph. Funny story, I broke the tip off the riveting tool I was using, the chain was all on and stuff just needed my master link trimpt, 2 minute job, I had to take it to the dealer since I broke my tool, 2 minutes and $16 bucks less it was good to go, yeah $16! I was pissed, but like my wife said, "what are you going to do? It had to get done." But I guess I was pissed at myself for breaking the tool in the first place.
I took pics of the installation of the 520 conversion kit and speedohealer. I anyone wants info on the install, I'll send directions with pics, just email me at [email protected]
R6-forum.com is complicated for me, took some time just to post the pics of my bike

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Rim tape. :D

·
Registered
88 Posts

where can I get the Brake reservoir cover? I've looked everywhere and can find only the automotive ones...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts