Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Guys,

Here is my problem. I have a 2009 R6. So i went to ride bike last night and when i turn on the bike the engine does not sound normal. It sounded like it was running on two cylinders. Well i figured since it was cold that it just needed to warm up. Well after 10 minutes of just idling, it still sounded the same and the temp was only 145F. It normally takes half the time to hover around 170 so something is definitely wrong. Well i take off and te engine shuts off when i am in the friction zone. I turn it back on and it still sounds crappy and i take off and i have to turn the throttle hard just to get the bike moving and the rpms dont even increase like they should either. It felt like it just had no power.

Well it was low on gas so i fill it up with gas (premium of course), and go to take off and it still sounds and feels like crap. I thought maybe it just first gear so i go through the gears and there is absolutely no power. RPMs will not go higher than 6000 in all the other gears. I didnt even have enough power to pass a minivan going 25.

I have no idea what is going on. Any help or suggestions or if anyone else has encountered this would truly help me out. I dont want to take it to the dealer if i can handle this myself.

·
R1+R6+S4=life
98 Posts
ok check plugs. (or replace) check all connectors on throttle bodies/injectors and the connectors to your coils. You run power commander or anything? more info or history?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Stock except for few light mods but no recent work done in last 6 months besides oil change. worked fine the previous week then this happened. Bike was exposed to rain for a bit so im not sure if water got in somewhere and caused an issue. Bike has 4500 miles.

Havent checked for any codes or unaware if it is. No check engine light on

2,456 Posts
if its still under warranty just take it in. let the dealer do their thing.. otherwise that doesnt sound very promising.. i dont want to be the guy that throws out the busted piston ring comment or anything but it doesnt sound good. hopefully its somnething stupid like a bad fuel pump.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The last time i rode just before i turned it off i was revving it quick and fast in first gear but i didnt hear or feel a change in the way it throttled. Thats the only other thing that i think could have affected it. Other than that i do not ride hard, do not stunt and do not race.

2,456 Posts
i dont see stunting or riding hard having anything to do with it. i beat the shit out of mine and have never had any problems.. just sayin.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope no longer under warranty. It ended like two weeks ago. Go figure. Well i have to check everything myself and then if that does not work than i will have to take it to a dealer and let them handle it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.