Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys! 2005 R6. I have a serious issue and have run out of ideas. My bike is absolutely horrible on gas mileage. For a full tank, I’ll get lucky to even get 80 miles. It doesn’t even make sense. I even put a power commander 5 , tuned it, hoping that I would get better mileage (a better air/ fuel ratio) and nothing. Anything extra done is: after market exhaust, k&n air filter, and after market headers, cat and recently changed my spark plugs. One last thing, my bike smells awfully of gas while riding, and once done riding. Smells like a corvette on e10, quite excessive. I don't see my bike leak gas or ever see puddles on the ground. Any help would be great, thank you for reading!

·
Forum Moderator
3,098 Posts
Have a tuner with a good reputation make a custom map. Did you use the same plugs and did you get the coil packs seated on the plugs good?

·
Registered
14 Posts
You might have a fuel leak. Also check fuel pressure, your bike might be dumping excessive fuel and you are running way too rich. Do you feel loss in power?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have a tuner with a good reputation make a custom map. Did you use the same plugs and did you get the coil packs seated on the plugs good?
I might have to check around for a different tuner. I used ngk spark plugs and believe i seated the coil packs correctly but will have to check for sure

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You might have a fuel leak. Also check fuel pressure, your bike might be dumping excessive fuel and you are running way too rich. Do you feel loss in power?
No loss in power at all! I actually feel the fastest I have ever ridden. But I do need to check my fuel pressure

1 - 8 of 8 Posts