Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I don't post a whole lot around here, but it took me a long time to figure out what would or would not work to do this, so I figured I would post this so hopefully next time someone googles it they see it. I have a 2008 supersport R6 race bike that I recently repainted, once I decided to repaint it I wanted a low profile rear tire hugger that was made out of ABS plastic so I could paint it. I didn't want anything super expensive because it is a race bike. And we all know what that means. So I picked this up for about 35 bucks on amazon. It's labeled as a 2005 R6 rear tire hugger so I imagine any 2005 R6 rear tire hugger will fit. You will have to drill a couple holes but the final product looks good. I haven't put tire warmers on it yet but it's a pretty tight clearance. I have a 190/60 slick on her, and I am running the tightest gear ratio I will ever run on a racetrack so this is the closest the wheel will ever be to the swing arm. I will check at the next race round how it works and report back. Here's some pictures:

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

1 - 2 of 2 Posts