Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't rode my bike for about a few weeks, yesterday when I was just checking it I noticed the right lower fairing has been touching the exhaust on my last ride or so, and it has melted :( no worries about the fairing though since it's was a little rashed up and I was looking to replace it anyways.

Also, I removed the fairing before my last ride to change the coolant, and it used to be fine before that, why is it touching now,i'm pretty sure got to do with the way I put it back on, I've removed it several times before, but I can't recall what I may have done wrong? Any ideas? it's the lower right fairing 06 r6.:(

·
The Fixer
54 Posts
When you say the fairing is a little rashed up is this from a fall or collision? Possibly bent a mount tab so the fairing now sits on the exhaust?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
When you say the fairing is a little rashed up is this from a fall or collision? Possibly bent a mount tab so the fairing now sits on the exhaust?
No no, I bought the bike like that. Nothing was ever bent and it never touched the fairing before. It's just that after I took it off and put it back on it started touching the lower exhaust some how
any help?!!?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Oh shyt that sucks bro. Check the heatshielding back there, or maybe add some exhaust wrap to provide more insulation.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh shyt that sucks bro. Check the heatshielding back there, or maybe add some exhaust wrap to provide more insulation.
I put my hand underneath the fairing to see what's wrong and it's actually rubbing against the exhaust pipe, what I don't get is how can a person mount the lower fairing wrong :-/ With a noob like me anythings possible, but it's touching the exhaust and I can't figure out why

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
can you use some washers behind the plastics and the mounting points and maybe bring the plastics out a tad? or exhaust wrap in that area would help if you could even get it away a tad. heat shield material is another method to put anywhere where the plastics get very close.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe one of the mount bolts for the exhaust came loose and shifted?
Tomorrow I'll try to compare it with the other side to see what might be missing if somethings missing.

can you use some washers behind the plastics and the mounting points and maybe bring the plastics out a tad? or exhaust wrap in that area would help if you could even get it away a tad. heat shield material is another method to put anywhere where the plastics get very close.
I'll look into that, maybe something came off the fairing mount holes, a washer or something. Thanks for the advice though, should try to fix it this weekend, if I can fix it,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts