Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need ur opinion. Im 5’8”. Im ok to ride. But for daily driving comfortwise, i decided install lowering kit. My plan is 2” down for rear and 2” down for front too
Is it good idea? Or 2” rear and 1” front is better choice? Or doesnt matter at all for local driving? I have no plan take it to track. Just trying enjoy riding on street. Many ppl saying about conering performance but i dont care Anyway I dont use 100% ability of the bike
Give me advise please.

·
299 Posts
I need ur opinion. I have no plan take it to track. Just trying enjoy riding on street. Many ppl saying about cornering performance but i don't care Anyway I dont use 100% ability of the bike. Give me advise please.
Since you want opinions and advice, my opinion is that, if you don't plan on taking it to the track and you don't care about cornering performance and you don't use 100% of the bike, you have the wrong bike. My advice is, rather than try to modify a bike to suit your riding style that isn't designed for your riding style, buy a bike that suits your riding style. If you're not using much of the bike's capability and you're not concerned with cornering, you're describing a cruiser. A cruiser is designed for your purpose of enjoying riding on the street and most - if not all of them - are designed with a lower seat height. Cheers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since you want opinions and advice, my opinion is that, if you don't plan on taking it to the track and you don't care about cornering performance and you don't use 100% of the bike, you have the wrong bike. My advice is, rather than try to modify a bike to suit your riding style that isn't designed for your riding style, buy a bike that suits your riding style. If you're not using much of the bike's capability and you're not concerned with cornering, you're describing a cruiser. A cruiser is designed for your purpose of enjoying riding on the street and most - if not all of them - are designed with a lower seat height. Cheers.
I understand what u mean. But i love r6 design and i love the supersport bike. Thats why i bought r6. Im not professional rider so i think can use it only 50%. But its fine. Still love r6 design sound etc. i ride it on street so i dont need use it as racing machine.
i just want to get ur opinion about lowering. I decide already 2inch down on rear. But not sure about front. Please give me advise for front lowering. 1 inch or 2inch. Which is better?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally got it back with 0.85 front and 1 rear. Perfect fit and run smoothly. Cant recognize differences. Strongly recommand for short rider.

·
Fat + S = Fast
1,334 Posts
"Ruining a perfectly good bike"
Fixed your thread title for you. Stretch it next, don't forget to put spiky bolts on the windscreen, and stick some cheap leds on it. You're already wrecking the entire suspension geometry, why half ass it? Go ahead and moron the whole bike. Be sure to run Shinkos and inflate them to 42 psi. Paint it flat black with a spray can. The possibilities are endless!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"Ruining a perfectly good bike"
Fixed your thread title for you. Stretch it next, don't forget to put spiky bolts on the windscreen, and stick some cheap leds on it. You're already wrecking the entire suspension geometry, why half ass it? Go ahead and moron the whole bike. Be sure to run Shinkos and inflate them to 42 psi. Paint it flat black with a spray can. The possibilities are endless!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Calm down bro. Most ppl r not pro. Even Little geometry changed, noone catch it out. Little lowered bike doesnt change big performance. I dont like to modify heavy Just letting know to short rider its worth. Thats my opinion. Cost r expensive but its good so far.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
422 Posts
The molestation of an R6 aside, can we not properly use the native language of our country?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts