Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im trying to lower my 06 r6 im about 5'5 I did lower it before 3 inches and i dident like it at all i just want to lower it a inch and i should be good .Where do i find these lowering links to by them or which ones should i buy? I just want an inch drop thanks.

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Hi im trying to lower my 06 r6 im about 5'5 I did lower it before 3 inches and i dident like it at all i just want to lower it a inch and i should be good .Where do i find these lowering links to by them or which ones should i buy? I just want an inch drop thanks.
Usually lowering links have 2 "sizes" to lower. One hole is the 1'' drop while the other is 3'' drop. Look at the links you have and see if there's another hole.

Get good lowering links if you do, I've seen someone go cheap on them and one of them broke off while riding but luckily the other stayed on enough for him to get home.

·
Schrute Farms Beets
757 Posts

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Lol, sometimes that isn't enough... for shorties like me or vertically handicapped. I lowered mine 3 inches and was still on my tippy toes, then I shaved the seat so I'm half foot, now I'm going to raise it back up to being tippy toes again hopefully by going stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts