Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a new 2013 r6 put about 200 miles on it so far. This is my third bike, but still a novice at it. I've had the msf course, and did well. The problem is the r6 is one tall M.F$#&#@. I'm 5'8" with a 30 inch inseam. The r6 stands at a whopping 33.5" high. Both my feet cannot touch the ground on this beast. I bought lowering links that will drop it two inches, but have trepidations about lowering it. I can comfortably put one foot on the ground when I stop, and shift side to side using the brake and gear shift. The problem I have is backing this beast up. Hoppen this thing backwards while sitting on the bike makes me feel like if I hit a slick spot, down I go. Any suggestions for this noob?

·
I eat what my R6 cooks!
2,498 Posts
If you don't want to lower it, you can always shave the seat. It wont get you much closer to the ground, but a little bit is a little bit. Also, what type of shoes are you wearing? If you have tennis shoes, look into boots. They typically have thicker soles, so that will help a little bit.

Aside from that, all i can think of is going with the lowering kit, or just dealing with it and getting used to it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts