Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna get my R6 prepped and ready for the riding season coming up. I'm 5'6", and my feet barely, just barely do not firmly touch the ground when I come to a stop. This isn't an ego thing, I know I'm short, but this makes moving my bike a pain in the ass unless I jump off of the seat, so I'd like to lower it a tad.

I'm planning on lowering it one inch. I know this will make the bike handle a little worse and whatnot, but I'm just someone who cruises around, I don't need aggressive handling to such a degree that this will make a difference.

I'm planning on using this to lower it:

http://www.tobefast.com/vortex-lowering-links-r6-r6s-pr-3330428.html

Before I buy it, would anyone suggest a different/better product, or will this do just fine?

Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm currently using the vortex lowering links and the only issue I have found is.... speedbumps. :D

That, and leaning is different, you cannot lean as far down due to decreased fairing height.

·
Vroom Vroom
611 Posts
Honestly, just learn to one foot it. I'm 5'7 and have been riding that way since I started. I read that lowering ruins the handling and just rather do the extra effort of getting off my bike to roll it back. Another thing I do, is if coming to a red light, I try to time it so I don't stop or roll my bike slowly to not stop. I rode like 10,000+ city miles doing that.

But at the end, just do what feels more comfortable to you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I prefer all of my bikes lowered. I lowered my rear 3 inches and it still rides and handles great. I ride every day and am at 49k miles. adjustable wishbone lowering links are cheap and easy to use

1 - 6 of 6 Posts