Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to lower the rear on the 08 R6? They forgot to give me my owner's manual but I know the 08 has the adjustable ride in the rear. Any help greatly appreciated

·
Gixxer what ?
372 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
actually the yamaha has it on there website...

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/service/manuals/2008/LIT-11626-21-61_R6all_1457.pdf

also i didnt think the rear was adjustable to lower the ride height of the bike. i thought you can just soften or hardend the ride. I ended up installing soupys lowering links
I hear lowering ur bike changes th ride? Did you notice any difference. Also did u adjust the front end to level out with the rear. I hear that causes issues too. I have the links but not sure what to do. I'd like the stance a couple inches lower.. any feedback? I really want to do this mod :nocontrol

·
Gixxer what ?
372 Posts
Well i havent lowered the front to match the rear, I need to but I just dont know how much i lower the front.

From factory the ride is stiff so its a lil more stiffer, but when you lower it and then ride it for the first time, when your turn it feels like your going to fall of it cuz your obviously lower to the ground.

The only objection i have to soupys link is that you cant really tell how much you lowered the ride height. I had no choice since i am only 5'6 and i was tip toeing the floor :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts