Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was up at my yamaha dealer today, and i saw that they had LP signals in stock. i found some that i liked, but they didnt say what model they fit. are they universal or what? probably should have asked an employee, but i was on my way out the door when i saw them.

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
Yeah some of them are universal, but there "might" be some slight modification
that you have to do with the housing/stem.
There should be some on here that had experience with them.

I just purchased and got this this flushmounts from Devilbikes.com
It is a clear flushmount, uses amber wedge bulb single filament.
So I will loose running light capability just like most LP flushmounts.
But there are some that have dual filament that are rather bulky.
I plan to integrate the running lights within the headlight unit anyways.

This is made by Mototeck Mototeck.com

·
Registered
270 Posts
Those are SWEET-LOOKING! How much did they cost you? And was it difficult to install? :hammer

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
Blueboy said:
Those are SWEET-LOOKING! How much did they cost you? And was it difficult to install? :hammer
They cost me $59.99 from Devilbikes. I know they are a more expensive than the LP's but not as much as the Greggs for the LED bulb and aluminum mount which is $100+

I haven't installed them yet, from what I've read is they are pretty simple, just splice the wires and the flushmount housing is mounted to the fairing via 3M adhesive. So it makes it easy to take off when decided to remove them in the future. And the clear cover also comes off easily to replace burnt out bulbs (uses regular wedge type single filament).

*But you do loose the running light capability, but I plan to incorporate that within the headlight unit*

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok ill just got pick some up, and see if they work. another question though. what about windscreens? ZG double bubble to be precise. they had a huge stack and none of them were labeled for a specific model. thanks.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Mikeeh,

Thanks for the 411 on the flushers. I'll definitely be looking into it! :hammer

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
Blueboy said:
Mikeeh,

Thanks for the 411 on the flushers. I'll definitely be looking into it! :hammer
Hey no problem bro! Definitely a nice alternative to the more expensive Gregg's.

·
Ride or Die
174 Posts
Hey bro, I just ran across this site today for the flushmounts and others shit, there leds but can still be running lights and turn signals fer the front, not too bad. Check this site out.

http://www.thesmithboys.com/

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
Finally, installed the Mototeck flushmounts and integrated the running light into the headlight unit. The whole process took 4 hrs. The most time you will be spending is vaccuming the plastic bits and pieces in the headlight.

For the running light mod, I spent $10.00 for a pair bulb sockets and two type 194 bulbs (amber). I thoguth at first that this was too hard. It turned out fairly easy.
Wiring:
blue (running light), green(signals) & black (ground)
*and don't let them touch while you have the power one..*BLOW A FUSE*

I'll post pics tonight on another thread

·
Registered
23 Posts
tight i cant wait to see them, i almost bought those same ones, but LP just came out with plugs for the R6 and other models that will allow there units to fit perfectly and cleanly just came out in their 04 catalog...so i have those on order...only $11 for them too...i cant wait!! I would have got the ones you got but i want them to be running lights too...cant wait to see them! :jump

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
these are what mine look like....blue being the running light color and the amber being the flasher color.........

and this is what it looks like from the front.......

not quite as "flush" as other flush mounts but they aren't the stalk type like the stockers....

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
penfold said:
these are what mine look like....blue being the running light color and the amber being the flasher color.........

hey pen, do the cops harass you for the blue light? riding at night i usually see the flashing blue lights in my mirrors and have to pull over because of the the blue license plate leds on my vfx r6 pivot kit. i need to change it to the white leds.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts