Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just wanted to give you all heads up on M4's new Y pipe they just released. They have spend the past few weeks on the dyno making a high flow y pipe for this to ensure the max hp is reached and a quality sound. You can see there are no sharp angles in the y pipe that will hurt airflow. They went all out with this design. This Y pipe works with all slipons out there or with their new CF shorty slipon.

https://www.motomummy.com/store/product.php?productid=18663&cat=362&page=1

https://www.motomummy.com/store/product.php?productid=18664&cat=362&page=1

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not super loud. Same as the shorties they make for the GSXR's and guys love them. It's not quiet by any means. Very quality sound (with their ypipe).

From 6k rpm on it's a solid hp increase and torque increase all the way up and very linear.

·
Just a dumb racer..
792 Posts
Don't suppose you've got Dyno sheets?

Shipping to Aus? I've got a stock set of headers here that I'm trying to sell.. if I dump a y pipe in em it'll be a lot easier to sell I reckon.

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you run the ypipe then yes, you should get a fuel controller. It's a very free flowing ypipe. Unlike others that are just straight pipes welded together these are mandrel bent and designed to really flow...

·
Registered
68 Posts
in for vids

·
Premium Member
6,439 Posts
Sounds good, but IMO, that stubby can is hideous.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Would running this new M4 Y-pipe with a Jardine GP-1 slash-cut slip-on exhaust truly mess up my bike's engine? Cause as it stands rite now my bike is already hard-starting on mornings with this Jardine exhaust and I live in the Tropics!

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It won't mess it up at all, but you would want a fuel controller for sure. This is such a free flowing collector that you'll need a fuel controller.

We went to M4's shop last weekend and saw them building these in person. Amazing attention to detail. No doubt about it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Would running this new M4 Y-pipe with a Jardine GP-1 slash-cut slip-on exhaust truly mess up my bike's engine? Cause as it stands rite now my bike is already hard-starting on mornings with this Jardine exhaust and I live in the Tropics!
why is your biek hard starting. its fuel injected. if its the one is your avatar picture anyways. there is no reason for it unless its been beat and the rings are burn out of it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts