Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am all ready to order M4 GP Slip On for my R6, and I just want to know what you guys think about the M4 Slip On

Also Anyone knows a thread that shows how to install slip on, and remove exup cables specifically in details with photos???

Is installing slip on and removing exup cable hard?
do I really need that exup cable delete for 65 bucks??

·
off roadin' GARDEN SLAYA!
904 Posts
If you can turn a wrench installing the slip-on is easy, removing the exup system is easy as well.

I, like many others on this board, built our own exup eliminator circuit to replace the exup controller tucked behind the rear shock. It costs about $5 in parts and takes all of 15 minutes to put together.

·
Premium Member
6,439 Posts
If you're talking about the one that looks like a Megaphone, it's the same as the rest. As far as the new GP slip on, no clue. But M4 makes good products, IMO.

·
Banned
2,583 Posts
All slip-ons sound almost identical. you need to get a full(expensive) or a pair of MJS Headers or cut the cat and install a Mid pipe. Try the Olson Performance Mid Pipe.

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
If you're talking about the new cf shorty it's so new you won't find many/if any that have it. Their ypipe is by far the best out there so I would recommend the M4 y pipe with it if you want sound or a hp gain.

With the gp slipon the M4 y pipe would still be a good idea if you want sound or hp because as stated above the catalytic converter is the largest restriction in the exhaust. Without removing that nearly all slipons will sound the same.

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
Thanks! that's exactly what I was looking for :)
So.. Any reviews of M4 GP slip on???
Good luck with it. I just installed my Two bros system this morning and had to take my cables off as well. It's really easy! Just a couple of screws, clipping a few zip ties and it's done... I'm with those who recommend doing a cat delete though. I had a slip on before today and the sound and power increase with a full system is incredible!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Personally I wouldn't recommend the M4 Y pipe. mine was a piece of JUNK when it came in. welds weren't finished at the Y connection, the bung was put on half on the pipe half on the flange for the header, the welds are garbage. I took it to a friend to have it repaired, it would have bloody leaked otherwise.

If one product is this bad It makes me wonder about the rest of their workmanship.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts