Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I put the M4 midpipe on my 07. I wasnt too happy about the fitment and want to avoid exhaust leaks so I am taking it to get welded today. My question is weather or not I should have them remove the honeycombs. I was happy with the sound with them in. Will it be a lot louder with them removed? Also, performance wise what it better? Do they provide back pressure that helps performance or so they hinder it? Any help would be appreciated I am going to get it welded today.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK thanks for the help that was what I was worried about. I have PCV. Do you think I should run a map for a full exhaust system. I'll be using the y pipe and a yoshi slip on.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
OK thanks for the help that was what I was worried about. I have PCV. Do you think I should run a map for a full exhaust system. I'll be using the y pipe and a yoshi slip on.

For the guys who I flash ECU's for with PCV I have tuned y pipe and slipon maps I provide with the flash service. I've run those maps on my bike with the full system and it ran ok. I haven't tried it the other way around though. I'm sure it will run OK for you. The MJS maps a lot of people run are garbage. Id say half the people I deal with have used that map and the bike runs, but not excellent.

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
Keep them in. No reason to punch them out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help. I left them in and got everything welded up. Looks great and sounds great. I'm going to give the Graves full exhaust map and see how that works.

·
V-twins Rock
427 Posts
So what does this mean for us that have done the 03-08 R6s header swap? I thought that the honeycomb part wasn't present in this header. I could be wrong.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
The exhaust gases contract and expand well enough to get through there with no issues....
Funny, reminds me of your mother's anus.

·
Pobrecitos
19,910 Posts
So what does this mean for us that have done the 03-08 R6s header swap? I thought that the honeycomb part wasn't present in this header. I could be wrong.
Correct, those are a straight pipe, iirc.... I can't speak of on what it means exactly, but I've heard they are a bit harder to get the idle steady with this setup (tuning)...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the help. I left them in and got everything welded up. Looks great and sounds great. I'm going to give the Graves full exhaust map and see how that works.
Since you're in NJ, hit up Cheif! He can get you a nicely worked map.
I would if I was still living in jersey but I'm stationed across the country in Washington.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts