Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Your Mom Goes to College
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I searched the forum using the search feature and really didn't come up with an answer to my question.

Has anyone heard a 09 R6 with the M4 Street Slayer with a mid pipe? I like the look of this slip on.:toocool:
http://www.m4exhaust.com/products/yamaha-r6-2008-SLAYER.htm

I am a big fan of the shorty exhaust and this is the shortest one I have found that I like.

I also like their mid pipe over Olsons for one reason, they have curved bends instead of corners. In theory they should flow better than Olsons but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thats REALLY short.. I suspect that the system is quite loud? I have a feeling that theres not gonna be much sound deadening in the can. Looks nice tho!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a full M4 exhaust and love it. I'm sure that can and mid pipe will sound great too. If you run it, be sure to get a vid up.

Jon

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
That will be very loud, but one thing that it really has in its favor is that if you get the muffler box eliminator, you get a really nice, high flowing one without a bunch of angles and turns that make most of the other midpipes you see out there kinda crappy, both in terms of looks and performance. Exhaust does not like sharp turns, hard edges, or extreme angles. The flip side is that if you spend $580 on that, you could spend like $150 more and get a full system from Two Brothers or Yoshimura off ebay or Amazon or the many dealers and online retailers, you just have to shop around.

At $459 as listed in this thread, its a great deal for that slip on and box elim... Better than the T-tuner, dustin's, Olsen, etc.

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
It will way outflow everything else out there. If you look at everyone elses they don't bend the pipes, they don't have sharp edges to cut the flow of air either. We went to M4's facility last week and saw them making the y pipes and it's VERY impressive. Once you see it in person you'll be amazed at the quality and R&D they do. Basically the collector/ypipe is the same one they use on their full systems.

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
Sounds great

·
Your Mom Goes to College
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That will be very loud, but one thing that it really has in its favor is that if you get the muffler box eliminator, you get a really nice, high flowing one without a bunch of angles and turns that make most of the other midpipes you see out there kinda crappy, both in terms of looks and performance. Exhaust does not like sharp turns, hard edges, or extreme angles. The flip side is that if you spend $580 on that, you could spend like $150 more and get a full system from Two Brothers or Yoshimura off ebay or Amazon or the many dealers and online retailers, you just have to shop around.

At $459 as listed in this thread, its a great deal for that slip on and box elim... Better than the T-tuner, dustin's, Olsen, etc.
I really don't want a full system for a couple reasons. 1) I am looking more for sound and looks over performance. 2) cash flow isn't great now. 3) I don't have a PC (plan on getting one maybe but its not at the top of my list)

But thanks for the info. :cheers

·
Registered
41 Posts
Getting mine on wednesday the latest. I will take pics for you. I didn't get the midpipe with it because I already have one on my bike. I will take pics and vid. I went with street slayer over gytr because i think the look is way better plus better product if u ask me.

·
Your Mom Goes to College
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Getting mine on wednesday the latest. I will take pics for you. I didn't get the midpipe with it because I already have one on my bike. I will take pics and vid. I went with street slayer over gytr because i think the look is way better plus better product if u ask me.
sweet, thanks man :cheers

·
Registered
41 Posts
I havent forgot about you i swear. just took the shop so long to get it. they got it in today but wont be able to pick it up until saturday so hopefully next weekend if the gf will allow for me to have my early xmas gift.

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
i went with a full system for sound..lol

but that thing should be pretty loud, i had a olsen's mid pipe at one point and if i were to do it again i would go with m4's set up.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Going to the M4 website it says it only fits 08 and up and other websites say 06-11. is the mid pipe different for separate years. It just seems that everyone that sells it isn't consistent on model years... just trying to find the cheapest price and right pipe

·
Your Mom Goes to College
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am planning on using my xmas money and buying my exhaust. Quick Questiion, Am I going to need a PC with this set up? I know this question has been posted to death and I am sorry, but I am at work and don't have much time to search for it.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts