Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
It's all fubar
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I thought I'd have a go at making my own mirror covers out of a Perspex (Acrylic) sheet, so I drew a template then used that to cut them out of the sheet, filed them into shape, drilled a mount hole and here's how they turned out.

They cost me £10/$20 all in, with the dzus fastners costing me £6/$12 of that, but I think they look better with them so for me it was worth the extra money.

They may not be as good as the ones you can buy but for the price and a little bit of work I'm really happy with them .. what do you think?

Shaun

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
looks sweet man. good job.

what the hell do you call that plate over your high beams? whats the purpose. more white i guess?

·
It's all fubar
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess it could be done but I'm not sure of the best way to mount them as they should sit flush with the seat unit and the mount holes are on the inside at an angle (I think?) I'll have a look and see though.

It's a headlight protector, to save it from stones, etc .. I also have one for the other side that can be easily put on for track days.

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
nice work!
i prefer a bike with mirrors, but if i didnt have em id want something like that

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
seems like the brits are pretty good at this lol

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts
I sense group buy in the future? ;) I'd def be down!

Looks real good. I like them better than the other styles.

-Ant.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Good work, now I'm going to have try that on my 09

1 - 11 of 11 Posts