Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well just thought id share the fact that not having a bike and wanting one so bad is driving me crazy. ive finally come to the point where im going to sell my only car to get a bike... i know its not smart cause of bad weather and whatnot, but ive already discussed all this with friends and family and they are willing to give me rides if ever the weather turns to SH**. i still have to wait to buy off the motor for my car but it will make my cars worth go up. so if all goes well i hope to be joining some of yall out here in texas at the meets and stuff. dont even have a bike yet and im excited.

oh and if anyone is interested and wants to help out a r6 lover to get one :hammer lol my car will be for sale in about a month. its a 1991 VW Jetta GL: 8 valve SOHC 4 cyl... soon to be a Jetta JTI: 16 valve DOHC 4 cyl. Gold at the moment but will be midnight blue by next week. lowered suspension, 15" bmw rims, battery conversion, momo shift nob, boost gage(have a turbo that i wanna put on but need new housing), dual dtm exhaust, short cold air intake. has 133k miles on old motor new motor will have 89k. http://www.vdubaddiction.com/members/jettazzzz/

·
Registered
476 Posts
Congratz!

I moved to florida and bought a 04 r6 as my only means of transportation.
Of course, living with my friend and his sister is a big help on me scopin rides out to the bars and other places when I "shouldnt" be riding.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks i just want one and i know im not gonna find a a cheap one in texas cause bikes are really hot right now. lol already talked to my friends and they are all up for a road trip :drink :cheers :drink

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
man you must have some good friends cause i know livin in texas weather can change in 10 minutes. and with winter comin your going to be one cold Mother ****** :mrgreen: but congrats on the decision, i now i love my bike and wouldnt sell it very quickly if had to

·
Registered
148 Posts
i know plenty of ppl that have just the bike as their transportation.... a true rider will always ride, no matter what the weather.....god i love my rain suit haha

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
I thought Texas was good weather year round? Well maybe not the very northern parts....

I do remember a Thanksgiving day game where it was snowing in Dallas but warm in sunny in Buffalo.... That was really funny. :hammer
I grew up 40mins from Buffalo

·
Registered
318 Posts
how about a road trip to indiana? I am selling my 2004 r6... it has 2,400 miles on it and im asking 7,200.... get at me... i pmed it to loki so he could post it in the for sale section... let me know though, i need it GONE!!

P.S. DO IT... AND BUY MINE!!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
318 Posts
bye the way... my mom lives in tulsa oklahoma so i could prolly ride it down there and get a chance to see my mom if its in your interest?

·
Registered
784 Posts
I have several friends with just a bike. Of course we live in Arizona where it only rains for a couple weeks out of the year. But even when I lived in North Texas, I knew people with a bike as their only means of transportation!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
all im waiting for though is to shine up my car to sell it and drop the motor of course but ill only get bout $3000 for my car but my mom might help out with the rest if i need ima have to suck up to her for the next 2 months lol :hammer

·
Registered
318 Posts
you have a PM

·
Registered
10 Posts
have you ever thought of keeping the car and getting a bike at the same time?

start with a bike that maybe won't hurt the pocket as much and would be some great experiance. I started on a 1991 fzr 600 and never had any problems with getting complements and keeping up with every one else on the freeway. it also shows you the fundamentals of riding before taking the risk of damaging a great new ride! then as you grow, step it up.

its always cool to have another rider out on the street, but be smart about it.

you don't want to end up like me with a damaged bike and body.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts