Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been saving up for a couple years now and im finally gonna be purchasing a new r6 this winter. Ive raced motocross my whole life, but this will be my first street bike my ? is what type of maintenance do these bikes need, besides changing the oil, air filters, sprockets, chain, brakes, and tires? anything need to be changed through out a year?

Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
30 Posts
it kind of depends on how much you ride it and how hard you ride it....If you're new to bikes I personally wouldn't buy something brand new b/c you'll eventually drop it or tip over(it's almost inevitable)....You pretty much spit off the maintenance and a brand new bike will have more maintenance in the first year to make sure everything is running right, etc. i.e. the 500mile oil change for the first time which runs about 250 at the stealership....keep your eye open for good deals b/c there's always someone that needs to get rid of it b/c of finances, moving, or wifey....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only reason i am buying new is because i got a local place that really takes care of me, and i also have a yamaha card that i can use. this is gonna be MY first street bike but ive ridden street bikes. i used to ride my dads cbr954, and his harley road king. and i took my friends gsxr600 out the other day and i liked the 600 the most and ive always been a yamaha fan so ive been looking into the r6 im gonna test drive one later in the month. I just wasnt sure since these are more track related bikes if there was more maintenace that i didnt know about. I just wanna make sure i really take care of this bike when i get it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.