Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so ever since I bought the 05 r6 the turn signal on the right side didn't work.

It has aftermarket LED's and tail light.

Problem is no right side turn signals or instrument light on cluster (left side works)

Here's everything I've done so far:
replaced front LED turn signals
checked wiring at the turn signal
Ohm tested both sides left has 2.3kohms right has 20ohms
bought new left handle bar switch
jumped the right signal to the left switch and it lit up the right side fine
took cluster apart to check led bulb (fine)

its driving me crazy and I cant find a wiring diagram for the turn signal

Could it be the wiring going to the right? would that cause the cluster to not light?

If anyone has a troubleshoot guide fr this it would be greatly appreciate id rather not go to the dealer and get raped on the price =/

·
I said biiiiiiiitch.....
528 Posts
Start by going here and grabbing a service manual. The very last few pages have a full colour wiring diagram as well as a legend showing what everything on the diagram is.

http://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/r6-maintenance-technical/39254-r6-service-maintenance-repair-manual.html

Turn signals are 61-64, switch is 58.

You can assume power is getting to the switch, as the left side works. That means the switch is putting power through the brown wire to ground, but somewhere between the input to the switch, the green wire connecting the lights, and the black wire going from the lights to ground, there is a problem.

I would check:
1) you have voltage coming out of the switch to the right side and your switch isn't damaged
2) you have voltage arriving at each right side signal (through the green wire)
3) you have a good ground for the light (black wire)

Let me know if you need more specific instructions with any of these steps or if anything is confusing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Start by going here and grabbing a service manual. The very last few pages have a full colour wiring diagram as well as a legend showing what everything on the diagram is.

http://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/r6-maintenance-technical/39254-r6-service-maintenance-repair-manual.html

Turn signals are 61-64, switch is 58.

You can assume power is getting to the switch, as the left side works. That means the switch is putting power through the brown wire to ground, but somewhere between the input to the switch, the green wire connecting the lights, and the black wire going from the lights to ground, there is a problem.

I would check:
1) you have voltage coming out of the switch to the right side and your switch isn't damaged
2) you have voltage arriving at each right side signal (through the green wire)
3) you have a good ground for the light (black wire)

Let me know if you need more specific instructions with any of these steps or if anything is confusing.

I did check the voltage the right side wasn't getting as much as the left side i dont remember the exact numbers but i think left was around 9v and right was alot lower. and i tried a new switch still didnt work so im guessing its wiring ill look at the manual at the link you provided and do some more testing tomorrow and let you know thanks alot!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts