Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Meh
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Im looking to make my own R6 Levers as I don't want to spend a fortune on something so simple and don't want those cheap ones off eBay.

Has anyone got plans for adjustable levers I could use to CNC my own?

Thanks

·
Meh
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol, No I don't want companies ones, I know thats insane.
Just asking if anybody had a design here.

I am just going to end up making my own design I think. I will make it freely available to anyone on here thats interested.

·
Weeeeeeeeeeeee
1,663 Posts
You really want to trial and error with your brakes??? I'll still with china.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,814 Posts
I can draw some with crayons for you. Or my kid can do it. We do charge a design fee, though. ;)

·
My zx6r eats tires.
548 Posts
Buy a pair of levers you are content with, reverse engineer them.. throw the reverse engineered plans away and use the levers you purchased to begin with.

·
Dangerously Irish
9,528 Posts
I'm sure companies will hand over drawings for stuff they spent tons of money developing so you can make your own. R&d your own stuff or pay up ya cheap bastard
I can trace you my levers on a piece of paper if that's something you're looking for?
I can draw some with crayons for you. Or my kid can do it. We do charge a design fee, though. ;)
Buy a pair of levers you are content with, reverse engineer them.. throw the reverse engineered plans away and use the levers you purchased to begin with.
this has to you dont want to spend money on quality levers but you also don't want to run ebay levers? Instead, you plan on producing your own, and only God knows how.... *sigh
Best thread in years!
:hammer:bowroll:lmao:eek:oh:hammer:bowroll

·
.. .- -. -... ..- - .-..
502 Posts
Originally Posted by TOPFLiTE1994 View Post

Hey, Im looking to make my own R6 Levers as I don't want to spend a fortune on something so simple and don't want those cheap ones off eBay.

Has anyone got plans for adjustable levers I could use to CNC my own?

Thanks
the only advise i can give you is like what some of us did when we made our car eyelids that weld to the hood.
We traced what ever pattern we wanted and took it to a marina/boat shop.
They constantly grind & shape boat propellers and will have a hard enough steel that you can trust.
Also will be relatively cheap, but alot of "customizing" work will be needed.

Hope this enlightens you amongst some of the earlier post shannanigans

·
Living The Dream
3,801 Posts

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.