Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

MAN ALIVE!!! It's bloody friggin cold today!

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  SolaceRye 
#1 ·
Man alive people... what the heck is up with the weather. Now, granted I live in Ohio, where the weather is never the same for more than a day, but, dang, come on. The day I can't ride it's awesome, the day I DO ride, it was cold, then I rode home from my best friends house in the dark on the highway going about 75, and then, it got REALLY CHILLY. But, who am I to complain... I rode my 6, I was happy I did, and would ride it now, at midnight even. AHHH, obsession... what a beautiful thing.

-Solace

#4 ·
Yes my friends, for those of us that live in the northern half of the country, our riding season is wearing thin.

I rode my bike to school the other day and at 9:30 when my class got out it was damn friggin cold.

Although, I do live in Chicago. The city that has two seasons...warm and freezing. There is no such thing as spring or fall here.

I'm waiting for that one week of warm that comes after the first sign of feezing though, might have to take a few days off work and school :twisted:

#7 ·
OUCH... guys, this is a sad day... I'm very disappointed in the weather. And I'm hoping for that one week of salvation, that one week of warm. And I agree, where the #@$% did FALL GO!?!?!?

ROCK ON... screw it, I'm riding till my hands go numb!!! :jump :boob :hammer

-Solace

#8 ·
ya, firday I'm goin for my last hurrah. 5 hour trip from up the back country roads up to massachusetts and then back down with my buddy and his Duc 748 (I whoop his ass all the time cuz he's a big pussy. bought it for the name)....

Figuring that by the time I get back from my honeymoon, the season will be about 85% over with only occasional days here and there to go.....

#9 ·
it doesn't get too cold in SF but it never really gets hot, besides special days in the past month. I just sold my car and i've noticed that I am a true rider and i ride day and night, rain or shine and blah blah blah. So suck up and shut the F up about the cold.

... just kidding on the last part. but i kinda got use to it, it doesnt really bother me anymore.

#10 ·
Well, I rode the other night after dark... and it was by far past freezing on the bike. It was around low 50's mid 40's probably, then hopped on the bike and BAM... below freezing it went. I was shivering for the first ten minutes, but then the rest of the ride home it was actually pretty nice and relaxing. It was a surreal phenomenon. But, if it gets any colder, I don't know if I could stand it. I'm a freak for my 6, but health is an issue always, lol...

-Solace

P.S. Continue to... ROCK ON! :FU :flame :pimp

#16 ·
After about the first 15 or 20 minutes, the numbness goes away. And I discovered a little secret. If you're waiting at a light guys, and you'r bloody fuggin cold (!!!), reach around with your right hand and hold it on your muffler (this is if you have gloves for all you smart people, there's my disclaimer, I'm not responsible for the dumb ones). This warmed my hands in about 10-15 seconds and I had Joe Rocket Phoenix gloves on (which kick @$$ !!!). Anyways, yeah, try the muffler trick, it's pretty good. But, other than that, it's not really that bad riding at about 30-40 degrees on a bike. I have a Joe Rocket leather jacket (tight, race-spec kind), Shoei helmet, and Joe Rocket Phoenix gloves (as mentioned above). It's not so bad...

-Solace

P.S. Have to ride...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.