Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldnt find a link or anything pertaining to the original owners manual for an 03 r6. Anyone know where I can find one? Dealership probably has a hard copy but I dont think there is a dealer around me... I saw the link for the service manual but I just wanted the basic one for everything simple

·
Something Clever
1,272 Posts
This has made my dreary Thursday afternoon. Now I will commence wasting office paper, staples and other miscellaneous items. :gas

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
tripleTUNE said:
This has made my dreary Thursday afternoon. Now I will commence wasting office paper, staples and other miscellaneous items. :gas
hahaha! ya, i printed out some sections of the service manual and bindered it and use it as my bible. I make a note of the size of each fastener on it so if i need to remove something, i know what size it is right away. like all fairing bolts are 4mm socket head, seat retaining bolts are 6mm socket head, etc.....

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Correct me if I am wrong but arent the service manuals more in depth than the regular owners manual? Im looking for the owners manual... i already got the service manual. Are they the same thing?

·
IQ = Post Count
1,734 Posts
ptirmal said:
Correct me if I am wrong but arent the service manuals more in depth than the regular owners manual? Im looking for the owners manual... i already got the service manual. Are they the same thing?
The Motorcycle Owners Manual (MOM) is what comes with your bike when you buy it and runs down the basics. The Service Manual is the ~$100 book that tells you how to tear your bike down piece by piece and the detailed instructions to do so.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can someone do me a favor who has adobe acrobat? I believe the file is protected to prevent printing... can someone edit this pdf and make it printable?

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
penfold said:
tripleTUNE said:
hahaha! ya, i printed out some sections of the service manual and bindered it and use it as my bible. I make a note of the size of each fastener on it so if i need to remove something, i know what size it is right away. like all fairing bolts are 4mm socket head, seat retaining bolts are 6mm socket head, etc.....
those are always key things to know... I wonder if it will help me with a few projects that I'm working on..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts