Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats going on . I have just got a r6 dont really have anybody to ride with or thats in to bikes. just trying to see if theres anybody around that would be down to grab a beer and just bs . kinda makes me sound like a toolbag but whatever:drink

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm not much one for drinking and riding but a few friends and I do a ride that goes up into southern md and out to charles town, wv so we could probably just modify that a little and come up your way one of these weekends.

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
drinking and riding...??:bash not the best approach to get people to ride with you.

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
we dont ride harleys here on this site, and we have a lot more respect for riding than those long haired hippy freaks of nature that ride them hunks of shit. i dont know if you said it to try to be cool or whatever, but just a heads up for next time, leave the drinking out of it. not trying to be an A$$hole, just being real. ride safe and good luck with hookin up with people in your area:toocool:

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
haha you're damn right it is but i was talking about being on the road where you could put someone else's life in danger

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bjbaxter the point was made long befor . Theres no need to beat a dead horse , My bad about the beer thing ok . But that was great how you bashed all harley riders man . i guess that was your way of just trying to be cool . Not trying to be an A$$hole just being real other people like other style bikes . Dosent make them inadequate just different .

·
Registered
313 Posts
It's not what you ride, it's THAT you ride. <--I can't take credit for that quote but I don't know where I read it.

·
wat?
722 Posts
I didn't realize you sissies got drunk after one beer. He said "grab A beer and bs", he didn't say "let's get totally hammered and then go 150mph". If you can't competently operate a motorcycle after a single beer then you probably shouldn't be riding one to begin with LOL.

As for the OP, I don't get all the way up to Baltimore that much (usually head west if riding) but certainly shoot me a PM if you drop down south at all.

·
R6 NOOB
73 Posts
Just took the MSF class, and I'm not sure where they got their data, but the statistic they reproted was:

If you ride with a BAC of .05 (which is within the legal driving/riding limit, and is ~2-3 beers) you are 11 times more likely to be involved in an accident.

Just some food for thought. Personally, if I know I'm going to be having even one drink, I'm either not riding or I'm waiting an hour.

OP, this is not geared towards you; just making the comment in general.

Be safe people!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
rhouck yea man ill do that . i know alot of people out in rockville germantown around in there so if i ride out there sometime ill hit you up a few days befor . Maybe we'll ride for awhile then stop and grab a tall glass of 2% milk and bs

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts
haha great thread, matt im in damascus just outside germantown, its where my parents live but im moving to towson in august (i go to towson university) i actually think were riding down to hooters in rockville tonight for a bike night there, we also usually go to criswell powersports on wednesdays and then go out riding after along with riding whenever its nice on weekends and we dont have to work. i ride a silver 03 and 2 of my friends have blue '02s and my other buddy has been riding a friends 08 gsxr 600. youll know me if you see me, i have an all black arai helmet with MAVERICK written on the front and back

1 - 16 of 16 Posts