1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
you wont match it with powder...guaranteed. Powder is too dull and will require a 2nd coat of clear. Just order teh color rite paint in spray cans if you want to refinish stuff to match.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't wanna use paint. It wears off.
I'd be happy if it was close. My aftermarket undertail is a touch off of matching, but it still looks ok. Close is good enough.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
I don't wanna use paint. It wears off.
I'd be happy if it was close. My aftermarket undertail is a touch off of matching, but it still looks ok. Close is good enough.
Thats the nice thing about the spray cans. Lil nick or spot... pssshhttt. All done. ;)

Paint can be touched up... powder cannot.

·
Registered
108 Posts
IMO, stick with flat black for powder coating foot parts, works well with the frame finish and won't clash with whatever your fairing color is. Even if you are "close" to your fairing color it will still be noticeably off (ie look cheap).
:drink

But in the end, your bike, your choice:YEA

·
Make noise.
12,089 Posts
IMO, stick with flat black for powder coating foot parts, works well with the frame finish and won't clash with whatever your fairing color is. Even if you are "close" to your fairing color it will still be noticeably off (ie look cheap).

:stupic

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts

+1... Everything blue would not look good IMO....

Other than that I'm no help :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was gonna go black (lol) as plan "B".
I really don't want it all black, but if it's gonna look that bad in blue....
Also, I wasn't gonna do it all in blue, jmejiaa.
I still have to go pick up a shitty oven to use, so I have time to figure it out. There has to be a color that goes good with the blue/black bike. Even if it's not blue PC.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
I was gonna go black (lol) as plan "B".
I really don't want it all black, but if it's gonna look that bad in blue....
Also, I wasn't gonna do it all in blue, jmejiaa.
I still have to go pick up a shitty oven to use, so I have time to figure it out. There has to be a color that goes good with the blue/black bike. Even if it's not blue PC.
Gold!

Its a multi stage process though. Needs a base coat then a clear to bring out the depth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts