Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Kasanova
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is 156 the fastest a stock bike will go? I couldn't get it up any higher. it wasn't redlining, it just wouldn't go

·
Kasanova
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bet, I could barely move my head

·
rippin it
122 Posts
my max speed is 162 , could get 165 prob. i had 500 rpm left but ran out of room.
i did it on a normal road. one lane each direction. up here in maine.
ran out of room , had to brake.
05 r6 , micron midpipe and slip on . about 10,500 miles on it. i weigh 170 lbs .
6 foot 3. you think height has big effects on top speed???
jluna9657 that seems fast, i believe u but thats pretty quick for a 598cc machine. how much u weigh???
later fellas

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
mine is an 07 and it does 177 redlined in sixth gear and thats because i dropped a tooth on the front sprocket so i lost a little on the top end not much though. Be safe man shit can happen real fast at those speeds.
Did you get a speedo healer to correct for the gearing? Stock speedo's read 10% fast, gearing changes that another 5-10%. So you're 177 indicated was more like 150 actual. An R6 won't push 177 unless you have a superbike motor in there and with -1 in the front, you don't have the gearing to get that fast no matter how much power you have.

·
Sexy Time
763 Posts
^ I was gonna say that.. I think many people are mislead by the speedo and fake dyno charts.. A buddy of mine seemed to think his 06 cbr 1000 would do 190ish and had 180 hp , i corrected him and told him even with a full system and a pciii that was incorrect.

·
mailbox killin' werewolf
3,856 Posts
169 stock 06 r6 except megaphone slip on

·
Sexy Time
763 Posts
167.4 is the top speed for the 06-07 r6 stock at any rate. but at those speeds it takes a lot more hp to increase because of wind resistance

·
mailbox killin' werewolf
3,856 Posts
167.4 is the top speed for the 06-07 r6 stock at any rate. but at those speeds it takes a lot more hp to increase because of wind resistance
either way i was at 169

·
Sexy Time
763 Posts
were you clocked? Remeber our speedos are inaccurate sp* and the accuracy is inversly proportional to speed.

·
mailbox killin' werewolf
3,856 Posts
i rode next to my buddy on his zx6 and it was exactly the same at 60 mph. Maybe it's off a little at higher speeds.

·
Sexy Time
763 Posts
either way its still fast, lol.. i dont think id want to have a powerfull sneeze occur at that speed, lol.

·
mailbox killin' werewolf
3,856 Posts
either way its still fast, lol.. i dont think id want to have a powerfull sneeze occur at that speed, lol.
yea man never again

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got 162 bone stock, still had room to run but new there was a black and white up ahead. I haven't made a top speed run since, to scared of cops from the last time, lol. But just like everybody else, speedos are not true and elevation has a lot to do with as well. I am at 970 feet above sea level.

·
mailbox killin' werewolf
3,856 Posts
I got 162 bone stock, still had room to run but new there was a black and white up ahead. I haven't made a top speed run since, to scared of cops from the last time, lol. But just like everybody else, speedos are not true and elevation has a lot to do with as well. I am at 970 feet above sea level.
if you flew by at 162 i don't even think they would bother with you. I've gone by some at 120 on the highway and they stayed parked. Me and my buddy were going through some twisty roads and there was a 5-0 on the side of the ride. He was in an suv and turned the lights on, we downshifted, and he turned them right off.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,535 Posts
if you flew by at 162 i don't even think they would bother with you. I've gone by some at 120 on the highway and they stayed parked. Me and my buddy were going through some twisty roads and there was a 5-0 on the side of the ride. He was in an suv and turned the lights on, we downshifted, and he turned them right off.
:nono

·
mailbox killin' werewolf
3,856 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
198 on my 01 r6!! I could have got it to 200, but since i was in shorts and a t with no lid i had too much wind resistance. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well we flew by about 140 mph when we saw the po po. Thats when we nodded at each other and tucked even harder and just got it. We held it for about 1 1/2 miles and then backed down to 110. My father (speed freak too) and I sat down one night and figured out how long it would take a cop if you were to pass him going 150 mph in the opposite direction to stop, turn around, and then chase. It is pretty much impossible, just like trying to out run the radio. My father had a 95 Trans AM and got clocked at 151mph, they just radio'ed ahead and put a road block up with guns drawn. He spent a night in jail and a fine of $2000. Idiot, lol. Guess thats were I get the bug.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts