·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Weather is looking 55 and sunny for our April 18th trackday up here in New Hampshire... so should be a good time to "warm up" after this long winter.

Our May 1,2 dates in New Jersey are filling up fast... especially the sunday, may 1. If you're thinking of joining us, might want to get in now. Price bumps up next week too so avoid that as well! ;)

As of now, you can enter the track Saturday night and tell them you're doing a trackday with us. We'll have tech inspection and registration open around 6PM Saturday for those that want to get it out of the way.

And don't forget that on sunday night after we're done riding, plan to stick around for the HAPPY HOUR and DINNER BUFFET - which is held right at the Thunderbolt Course in the Officers Building (the building by the chicane)

Anyway, the Happy Hour is free to attend (buy your own booze but it's pretty cheap!). The dinner is $25 but it's high-end food and includes all tips, taxes, etc. Here's a sample menu

• Tossed Garden Greens with Balsamic Vinaigrette
  • Linguini Carbonara
  • London Broil
  • Garlic Mashed Potatoes
  • Glazed baby carrots
  • String beans witjh almonds
  • Chocolate tarte
  • Italian breads
Nothing better than a great day of track riding, followed with some good food and drink and stories.... followed by ANOTHER great day of track riding!!!

:toocool:

Here's the links to sign up, as well as the PAID rider list.

PAID
http://www.tonystrackdays.com/category/4655/may-1-and-2-and-new-jersey.htm

REGISTER HERE
http://www.tonystrackdays.com/category/3281/nj-trackday-registration.htm

·
Parts Pimp
26,472 Posts
I would consider the May1 date, but what is your policy on no-showing in case of rain? I know other orgs offer event insurance as a fee, do you guys?

ALSO, what about 1st time running with TTD? I run intermediate with other groups, and am gettin so sick of dealing with being in the beginner group cause I didn't run with them recently, etc.. Would I be able to sign up for intermediate right off the bat? Or do I have to be evaluated 1st, etc?

How many coaches do you all have, etc? What sets your organization apart from the rest? Sell me on signing up and I will. LOL

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would consider the May1 date, but what is your policy on no-showing in case of rain? I know other orgs offer event insurance as a fee, do you guys?

ALSO, what about 1st time running with TTD? I run intermediate with other groups, and am gettin so sick of dealing with being in the beginner group cause I didn't run with them recently, etc.. Would I be able to sign up for intermediate right off the bat? Or do I have to be evaluated 1st, etc?

How many coaches do you all have, etc? What sets your organization apart from the rest? Sell me on signing up and I will. LOL
Rain Insurance: Sorry, we do not offer rain insurance. Rain or shine, I have to pay the track fees, so I never found a good way to offer insurance.

Regardless, our goal is to help you ride your bike better. Riding your bike in the wet is a critical skill. Remember, the best riders don't do anything different in the wet...they just do it all a little smoother.

If you have a track only bike with slicks or DOT RACE rubber, then get a set of rain tires. Watch a rain race someday on TV and you'll see they are probably going faster and with more lean angle than most trackday riders at a dry day. If they weren't competing, they could do it without crashing too... so a wet trackday doesn't have to mean crash.

GROUP ASSIGNMENT: We let our customers self assign their group to begin the day. We have a slightly different customer base than many trackday orgs and therefore we find most of our customers put themselves into too low of a group. Either way, by 11AM we have pretty much sorted everyone out and they are in the proper group.

COACHES, etc: In general, each of our groups have 3 to 5 people assigned to them. We have Control Riders and Instructors... each has a different job description.

Not sure anything makes us "different" other than our customer base. They are generally a little more "laid back" and we don't allow racers to attend without prior approval from me.

You can read a little about us here
http://www.tonystrackdays.com/category/3640/overview-and-read-first-please.htm

You could also browse this page ;)
http://www.tonystrackdays.com/category/103/customer-comments.htm

Anyway, if you think you fit in with our type of rider, I hope to see you at one of our days sometime.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Need a control rider? :D
We are all set for this year, but feel free to contact us at the end of the trackday season.

This is when we start narrowing down the applicants.

However...

Since we do most of our riding at the NH track, all new staff is required to do a fair number of those dates too.

·
Parts Pimp
26,472 Posts
Rain Insurance: Sorry, we do not offer rain insurance. Rain or shine, I have to pay the track fees, so I never found a good way to offer insurance.

Regardless, our goal is to help you ride your bike better. Riding your bike in the wet is a critical skill. Remember, the best riders don't do anything different in the wet...they just do it all a little smoother.

If you have a track only bike with slicks or DOT RACE rubber, then get a set of rain tires. Watch a rain race someday on TV and you'll see they are probably going faster and with more lean angle than most trackday riders at a dry day. If they weren't competing, they could do it without crashing too... so a wet trackday doesn't have to mean crash.

GROUP ASSIGNMENT: We let our customers self assign their group to begin the day. We have a slightly different customer base than many trackday orgs and therefore we find most of our customers put themselves into too low of a group. Either way, by 11AM we have pretty much sorted everyone out and they are in the proper group.

COACHES, etc: In general, each of our groups have 3 to 5 people assigned to them. We have Control Riders and Instructors... each has a different job description.

Not sure anything makes us "different" other than our customer base. They are generally a little more "laid back" and we don't allow racers to attend without prior approval from me.

You can read a little about us here
http://www.tonystrackdays.com/category/3640/overview-and-read-first-please.htm

You could also browse this page ;)
http://www.tonystrackdays.com/category/103/customer-comments.htm

Anyway, if you think you fit in with our type of rider, I hope to see you at one of our days sometime.
:werd

·
Registered
821 Posts
I have ridden with these guys, and I had a blast. Mature and friendly people all around. No one trying to light their arse on fire to prove something.... I when out in the rain during my event, it was entirely my decision, and truthfully I was amazed as to how much grip could be had. I low sided as I got too greedy with the throttle exiting turn 8 at T-Bolt, but I was back on track on the next session so no big deal. I think he means to say that the people he attracts are a laid back lot, but I would ride with these guys again... Think Absolute

just my $.02

1 - 15 of 15 Posts