Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
A work in progress...
13,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am dedicating the future ROTM threads to Matt. Look after us. :cheers

Rules:
You cannot submit a bike 2 months in a row or if you've won within the past year. Voting starts on the 20th or after 10 entries, whichever comes first and ends on the last day of the month. The bike must be your own, but it doesn't need to be just an r6.
Please take a look at past ROTM contest for ideas on how to enter your bike. Bike does not have to be an R6, you just have to be a member of the forum.

Format:
Year:
Model (R6, R6S):
Engine Performance Mods (i.e. exhaust, PC3, etc.):
Chassis/Controls Mods (i.e. suspension, brakes, clip-ons, etc.):
Accessories:
Pictures (please limit to 4):

Also, tell us why your bike should be named the Ride of the Month. Give us the whole story behind it! How did you get it? Where? Include anything that will set your bike apart from the rest...

Good luck to all, lets make this another good one.

Working on finding a sponsor...:popcorn:

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,449 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Red Rocket
588 Posts
Ugghh! I want to submit, but I don't think a stockpile of new parts sitting in my garage not installed on my bike will do me much good :laugh

Guess I'll wait until July when I get back from the desert.

·
A work in progress...
13,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ugghh! I want to submit, but I don't think a stockpile of new parts sitting in my garage not installed on my bike will do me much good :laugh

Guess I'll wait until July when I get back from the desert.
We'll be here. :laugh

·
Dirt track racing!
1,982 Posts
I can submit when I get my bike back together and cleaned. I will think about it, but it's nothing super fancy. :laugh

52,014 Posts
Seriously... nothing yet???

·
she drops it low
1,447 Posts
oohhhhh snaaaap

im entering...

YEAR: 2011

MODEL: R6

ENGINE MODS: Bauce Flash, 05 Header mod with Devil Carbon slip-on, BMC Filter, Agg Smog Block offs, Motul 300v Synthetic Oil

CHASSIS/SUSPENSION: Dave Moss Suspension tune.

ACCESSORIES: Puig DB Windscreen, AGG 6k HIDS, Watsen design flushmounts, MotoD Integrated Tail, ebay fender eliminator, Vortex gas cap, Skur Triple tree CF cover, Slowboyracing brake reservoir socks.

how did she come to be mine?

It started out last year when my buddy was trying to sell me his GSXR, and we all know that isnt too good of an idea, by the time i had the cash, he sold it, but he had this R6 sitting there, 450 miles on the clock, and ready to bang.

Took the course, bought her two weeks after, started riding, over time started putting money into it

i had black wheels to begin with, but wanted the Olive, so swapped rims with SeaTea32. USPS lost the wheels i shipped him, so i bought him a set, (i shoulda got insurance, blah blah blah) but i was happy with my bronze set,

Now, she is for sale, I'm getting married and i need the cash. My fiance doesnt want me to sell it either.

Anyways, thanks for viewing!

52,014 Posts
At this rate, it will be easy to determine a winner... :laugh

·
Dangerously Irish
9,552 Posts
I'm still reeling over last months defeat.

·
Mr. HER6
2,084 Posts
Never thought about submitting mine before. I think I need some better photos of it though. I just hope that if I were to win, there would actually be people who like my bike. :lmao

·
she drops it low
1,447 Posts
Never thought about submitting mine before. I think I need some better photos of it though. I just hope that if I were to win, there would actually be people who like my bike. :lmao
your white R6?

Really clean

·
billdozer
1,865 Posts
Year: 2011
Model (R6, R6S): R6
Engine Performance Mods (i.e. exhaust, PC3, etc.): BMC race air filter, agg block off plates, Leo VInce Corsa Ti full exhaust, bazzaz zfi/z-afm, bauce racing ecu flash
Chassis/Controls Mods (i.e. suspension, brakes, clip-ons, etc.): Woodcraft clipons, Renthal grips, Vortex rearsets, motion pro throttle revolver kit, shermoto clutch lever, Brembo RCS 19, Braketech full floating iron rotors, Ferodo cp1 brake pads, fren tubo type 4 carbon lines, graves rear brake return spring, Ohlins damper, ttx II, 30 mil kit,.
Accessories: Armour Bodies SS, which me and chiefsmokedawg painted, motoholders fairing stay, Techspec tank pads, woodcraft spools, case covers, and brake lever guard sbk rear resevoir kit by agg, Stahlbus drain valve with race cap, stahlbus brake bleeder valves, vortex v3 gas cap, vortex 15/44 black rear sprocket, DID erv3 chain all gold :pimp Motul rbf600 brake fluid/ 300v oil, Bstone R10's, Marco Simoncelli sticker, gator foot keychain!
Pictures (please limit to 4):
current -

action shot -

fresh paint -

after about a month of having the bike I made her my own and had already done a few track days with her -

I bought the bike new after finding a great deal at the end of the year at a dealer in West Virginia, and after a near 10 hour round trip I got my first ride on a R6 ever and only love the bike more and more every time I get to ride her. My intentions were to buy her for a track bike and convert it into a full on race bike. The bike is always being worked on by myself with help from friends at the track or bauce-racing, and I can't be happier with how she performs.

Hope you guys enjoy the pics and check out my build thread as well for plenty of videos and more pics!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts