Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My problem is; META 351A system stopped working, and i took it off, also cut all wires too. Stupid me!!! problem is that these 8 wires are all black, and in wiring diagram i can see that there are black wires, all black ones go to ALARM, (bike is R6 2000) now i dont understand that, is that alarm box installed originally or after. I tried myself to connect the wires, one that comes from starting circuit cutoff relay , and the other i think its from plugs , not sure. one from CDI and other side were from the back side of the bike, maybe taillight. I got it running only that by pulling clutch. not start button. and also no neutral light too. what should i do? i can ride it when i pull out clutch switch wires after starting it.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Hi

My problem is; META 351A system stopped working, and i took it off, also cut all wires too. Stupid me!!! problem is that these 8 wires are all black, and in wiring diagram i can see that there are black wires, all black ones go to ALARM, (bike is R6 2000) now i dont understand that, is that alarm box installed originally or after. I tried myself to connect the wires, one that comes from starting circuit cutoff relay , and the other i think its from plugs , not sure. one from CDI and other side were from the back side of the bike, maybe taillight. I got it running only that by pulling clutch. not start button. and also no neutral light too. what should i do? i can ride it when i pull out clutch switch wires after starting it.
:wtf:

·
Registered
998 Posts
I have no idea. That's a UK thing because they come with that immobilizer. We didn't get that in the US. Do you have a fluke or voltimeter?

·
Registered
3 Posts
when you try to start the bike (switch to ON) does it show lights on the dash display? i have this problem my self.. probably something wrong with the bike electrical system. bought fluke but need someone guidence what system to check exactly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts