Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 07 R6 and i went riding the other day and im noticing a slight metal to metal noise...like almost like a key chain dangling in the wind...but im not sure how long its been doing that ( i ride with my ipod all the time, except yesterday) any ideaas what it could be? i do wheelies and stoppies daily if that has anything to do with it...it sounds almost like something in my triple trees is lose but ive checked everything! whats goin on?!?!?!???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine started making that same sound 3 days ago! Still trying to figure out what it is though... let me know if ya get it taken care of.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why an oil change? and i know the yamaha tick...its not that. its just weird. sometimes when i hitmy front brakes too hard i hear a loud popping sound but everything on the forks/triple trees are tight and solid so wtf mate?

·
Registered
165 Posts
why an oil change? and i know the yamaha tick...its not that. its just weird. sometimes when i hitmy front brakes too hard i hear a loud popping sound but everything on the forks/triple trees are tight and solid so wtf mate?
if its a new bike then you prolly just finished braking it in... and there could be metal shaving .... well... i know that a from dealing with cars but it should be the same... i bought my 07 and i had the tick and changed the oil and it sounded good after that

·
I eat gixxer's
520 Posts
Hmm, when I'm idle or in neutral it kinda makes a grindy (almost diesel) sound... it's not loud tho, but it's definitely noticeable by myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts