Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I know this has probably already been asked, but newer the better.

But, anyways, how do you like your Micron exhaust? Is it really good from what you know of, and have you had any other brands. I don't want the loudest muffler, but a different sound would be better. Power isn't really an issue with me, just looks and sound really (I know the power wil come). Also, will this effect like how the bikes reacts... I mean that in saying b/c didn't Yamaha make their muffler especially for it, with all the internal junk. Would the Micron mess that up, or are they all the same?

I was thinking about the Black to Red (fade) high-mount for my '03.

-Solace

P.S. I also posted this in the exhaust section for more responses, be warned... thanks!

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Most things that are exposed to sunlight for prolonged periods of time are bound to fade to some degree, especially when combined with the heat they carry......or do you think they have other issues?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Judging by what a lot of people have said on the R1 forum it seems to be fading and cracking of teh surface that are the only issues. Otherwise Micron make great cans

We now do a colour fade in a different process to Micron which has yet to cause problems BUT - we have only been doing them for 3 months so I'll have to see what people say abouts our in a year (though teh coating people promise me it wont fade but Micron were told teh same thing)

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well Wolf... at least you're honest. I applaud you... :jump :boob :hump , ok, well, maybe not that last icon... but still, thanks for the info. And same to you other dudes! My friend also said his faded, just wanted to see if it was true without mentioning it myself.

Thanks,

-Solace

·
Registered
283 Posts
Im glad I read this post. I nearly bought the red micron slip-on but having a pink one would be a bit girly for me.

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,784 Posts
Wow, i though the Microns were a good quality pipes on finish!
I picked up their brochure and they stated that they are great quality pipes, built and finish!. So sad to hear abou the color fades.

How do they sound? in comparison with other pipes out there?

Mike

·
max speed
242 Posts
I rode an R1 with a black/blue fade. I think it sounded great. Not to loud normal riding and louder when you rip it up. I would say its midrange as far as loudness. I also noticed the crack lines in the can when I saw it in the sunlight. It's a shame :throwup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts