Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys feel about Microns?? I was looking to get a regular mount blue to silver fade. What you think. I'm putting the Yamaha race team graphics on my R6 too...you guys know anybody who has that?? Does it look good?? Well I'm gonna try it anyway. About Microns again, how do they act on R6's. Sound good?? Work well?? Please let me know.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Not a big fan and here's why:

From what Ive heard/seen.......

Not that great of quality

The colors fade over time

The colors dont match any bike ever

Everybody has them

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Microns

Basically what I thought. Any suggestions on exhausts that would look nice to match the blue, plus sound nice?? I was thinking blue flame, a nice oval chrome one with the little blue flame logo on the outside...what you think??

·
Registered
419 Posts
My black fade red micron pipe is awesome!! It sounds great, matches my bike perfect and hasn't fell apart yet. The fact of the matter is that you should pick the can you like and try to listen to the way it sounds and just pick the one you want!! I just got lucky that I loved the sound of the pipe cause that is the only thing I guessed about. I loved the fade pipes and the scorched titanium by micron. I don't care how many other Black red flame 03 R6's have the same can!!!

My $.02

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Re: Microns

PolishPete said:
Basically what I thought. Any suggestions on exhausts that would look nice to match the blue, plus sound nice?? I was thinking blue flame, a nice oval chrome one with the little blue flame logo on the outside...what you think??
You can't get much better than that!

however...

I do have the Titanium Devil SB2 high mount on my blue R6. Can't say it matches exactly (the only color on it besides silver is red) but it ended up looking great and sounding AWESOME!!!!!!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
We can do a Blue to Silver colour fade and so far we've had no problems with colour changes like Micron - you can see on just to the left on this page in our add

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hammy The Can Man??

Anyone have an email where I can reach Hammy The Can Man?? Does he have good prices. I think I might go with a Blue Flame, with the two ports. What you guys think?? Or maybe the Micron blue to silver, I'm still stuck on that one alittle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well i got a Micron full Serpent exhaust with the regular mount red to black faded slip on. And it sounds great. And i noticed a big difference in torque and how fast the bike picks up now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The red cans are the only ones that have a fade problem. Personally I would get a polished can. Everyone has the colored ones. They do sound great as well. I have the black w/flames 03 R6 and just put a Micron high mount with the carbon can, a PC3, and aK/N filter. Went with the carbon cause they messed up my order for the polished can and I wanted it 'NOW'. My only complaint about he high mount is the pipe bend behind the right peg. As a former racer, Im used to riding with the ball of my foot on the peg and now my heel buts up against the tube. Not a big deal, but hard to get used to for me.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Re: Hammy The Can Man??

PolishPete said:
Anyone have an email where I can reach Hammy The Can Man?? Does he have good prices. I think I might go with a Blue Flame, with the two ports. What you guys think?? Or maybe the Micron blue to silver, I'm still stuck on that one alittle.
Hammy doesn't sell BF cans anymore. You have to go to www.riderperformancemotorcycles.com to get them. But Hammy sells a buch of other brands and if you click on his link to the left and then go to contacts his email will be there. I SUGGEST that you call him directly as he will be better able to assist you...

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've got the polished MICRON and it sounds great. No problems with quality etc. Wish I had the full serpent system, but the slip on sounds freakin' great. :drink

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
RSixxr said:
Here's BLUELOULOU's micron high mount...looks grrrrrrrrrrreat!!
hahahaha! the forum playa trying to kiss ass! I don't think her "can" is available to anyone on this forum........

back on topic, supposedly Micron took some steps to improve fade problems on the newer cans.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts