Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everybodies fealing about micron. I'm looking at carbonfiber micron canister. Would anybody have any sound clips they'd like to submit.......?

·
Registered
42 Posts
i have the high mount micron on a 04 r6 oval canister it sounds unbelievable and sport rider mag gave it awesome ratings and good gains on horsepower i think it was 4 on the top end, the only downfall is its like 11 pounds compared to other lighter pipes.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awsome, i appreciate the input, that nice about the HP.....but honestly i'm not that worried about the HP gained from a slip on, i'm looking for sound quality. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
54 Posts
micron

im looking at micron also and i was concerned about the weight of the pipe affecting my cornering? does it? it is heavier than stock

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm with jay....that stock pipe is fat and weighs a ton.....do they really way more?

·
Registered
181 Posts
the one thing i didn't like about micron, besides that everyone has them...is the pipe just doesn't fit with the rear tail, the pipe looks out of place (it's overall diameter and it sticks past the tail). Don't get me wrong, it sounds nice and the carbon fiber looks sweet. Go BLUEFLAME!

·
Registered
784 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you sir ..........that post was very helpfull

·
Registered
712 Posts
Blue flame makes a very nice can....but might i also recommend a devil or a jardine exhaust...heard both the other day and they sound awesome!

·
Registered
42 Posts
the sound is great my buddy rode behind me the other say in his car when we got home he said that pipe sounds mean.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Go to Sportrider.com they did a comparison of 30 slip-ons a few issues ago, they may even still ahve all of the sound clips up on their web site.

Buy a Jardine they sound sick have to agree with udh2oskier the Microns look out of place, they're too big.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts