Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:?: ok i have herd a few good and a few bad about micron i was thinking of the micron high mount polished ccan slip on for my 01' R6 so i was wondering what everybodys take on it is i like the micron style how it is EXTREMELY high a bit higher than the devil i will be buying fairly soon prob with in a month or so so any feedback would be great

thanks guys

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Personally I think they sound raspy, which is not good to me.

Plus the can is FUGGIN huge it sticks out behind the bike by quite a few inches and just looks out of place IMHO.

Here is my BlueFlame.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
blue flame dosent have anything for the 01 r6 on the site am i just reading it wrong i like the look and all

·
Registered
419 Posts
I rock a Micron on my 03. It is mounted normally. I love the way it sounds and I haven't had any problems with any thing on it. My can fit like a glove.

·
Yamaland
2,310 Posts
I'm gonna contribute to the thread jacking....here's my devil sb2 high mount on my 05.

Definitely recommend this one.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have a Micron full serpent system on my bike in the black to poished fade. I repacked it with an akro kit and it just mde it wound awesome. I do wish the can was a bit smaller and lighter but Ill take the power of a serpent full system over anything else right now. The cans are huge and heavy (compared to others) though.

:cheers

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
NoLegs said:
What you have done to that foosball table is blasphemy!
Then buy it!!! All my buddies I used to play graduated and my fiance and roommate don't like to play. And I don't want to have to move the thing in a couple of months.

It's a coin op Tornado $1600-1800 new, its not in perfect condition but wouldn't take much to get it there, all I'm asking is $400.

·
Registered
322 Posts
i got the high-mount slip on (black to blue fade) and love it...the reason i chose it is because 1) i like the look and sound and 2) i read an article that did a test on over 40 different slips-ons with the 04 r6 and the micron had the best results...as soon as i find the mag i will post the results the mag. came up with along with the name of it

·
Registered
278 Posts
the article was in sport rider, one thing to point out though the Micron was heavy as hell and that 1hp it had over some of the others kind of gets x'd out by the extra 5 lbs.

Get a hamilton!!! I love mine.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have heard that the two toned exhausts fade. I wanted to get a red fade slip on but I was told after so long the heat starts to take its toll and turn the red pink.

·
Registered
322 Posts
i've got over 10k mile on my micron (13k on bike) and havn't had a problem with fading yet

·
Registered
48 Posts
Knightrider said:
i've got over 10k mile on my micron (13k on bike) and havn't had a problem with fading yet
I really like the look of the two tone but don't want the red to turn pink. I think I am going to get carbon fiber instead.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
NoLegs said:
z31maniac said:
Then buy it!!!
Shipping would put it right back up to a grand! I was in your neck of the woods last summer, cause I got family in Yukon and Mustang, wish I would have known then :cuss .
How much would you pay to meet half way? I could borrow a buddies a truck and meet you in say Kansas City. I would like to sell it to someone who really wants it, especially a fellow R6'er.

·
Registered
37 Posts
z31maniac said:
Personally I think they sound raspy, which is not good to me.

Plus the can is FUGGIN huge it sticks out behind the bike by quite a few inches and just looks out of place IMHO.

Here is my BlueFlame.

I have a scorched high mount for my 05 and I love it.

my can is completely flush with the tail.
few inches is a huge exaggeration.

the sound is great!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts