Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
R stands for RaceBike
9,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im sure this has been asked and i have searched and didnt find what i wanted

when adding a mid pipe besides my hearing would running it with a jardine slip on hurt anything? since it wont be baffled or should i trade my friend for his stock pipe until i can get a slip on

·
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
867 Posts
I just put the MJS Performance midpipe on my 6, Incredible! Do you have a Power Comander?

·
R stands for RaceBike
9,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
no PC do i absolutely NEED one? i have the olson mid pipe

·
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
867 Posts
Yeah You do. With the increase in air flow the stock computer doesn't deliver enough fuel causing your engine to run too lean, it could possibly harm your motor (or not). Plus without a fuel programmer you arent getting anywhere near the performance increase you should get from your new exhaust Its definitely worth getting a power commander and they probably already have a fuel map for that exhaust set up

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
If you run a jardine, you are gonna be running a straight pipe for the most part. I bet the motor could be custom tuned to run correctly (Or at least within the normal range for A/F), but it will not have a nice broad power spectrum. If running a straight pipe was what made the most amount of horsepower, leo vince and akrapovic wouldn't be putting silencers on their exhausts.

I'd at least go with the stock silencer like you mentioned. I have heard that it is still loud and nice sounding when you have the mid pipe also. Then get something that looks nice to you down the line.

·
R stands for RaceBike
9,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah You do. With the increase in air flow the stock computer doesn't deliver enough fuel causing your engine to run too lean, it could possibly harm your motor (or not). Plus without a fuel programmer you arent getting anywhere near the performance increase you should get from your new exhaust Its definitely worth getting a power commander and they probably already have a fuel map for that exhaust set up
i see what your saying but i plan on getting a PC5 later maybe in a month or so but i just want to make sure i wonnt hurt anything by running a mid pipe with out it..i dont think i will and i know i wont see the performace that i will once its tuned..im going to end up trading my friend his stock pipe for my jardine..for now

and one other thing should i do this myself or take it to this shop that said they would do it for 45bucks?...im pretty mechanically inclined but 45buck is pretty cheap for what i think i have to do

·
R stands for RaceBike
9,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just installed my mid pipe and all i can say is OMG it sounds amazing right now its with the jardine but im trading with my friend for his stock can later because its a little over kill but it does run a lot better i was hesitant to do this with out a PCV but now im not worried..which ill still be getting one in the next month or so but my neighbors already hate me =)

·
R stands for RaceBike
9,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im using the olson mid pipe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts