Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has already been in a sticky or something like that but I have a hell of a time trying to meander through these forums.

I wanted to get a cat eliminator but I want to keep the stock exhaust. I like things looking semi original. My two concerns are whether or not I'll need a map for just the midpipe, no new headers or anything aaaaand IF I did get a new slip on do they have any with the EXUP butterfly or is it really that unimportant to have.

Thanks in advance.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
I'm sure this has already been in a sticky or something like that but I have a hell of a time trying to meander through these forums.

I wanted to get a cat eliminator but I want to keep the stock exhaust. I like things looking semi original. My two concerns are whether or not I'll need a map for just the midpipe, no new headers or anything aaaaand IF I did get a new slip on do they have any with the EXUP butterfly or is it really that unimportant to have.

Thanks in advance.

You would be better off mapping the bike. When you do the y pipe leave the catalytic material in the 2-1 header tubes. Knocking that out really kills the midrange.

Nobody has a slipon with exup butterfly.

I've done a bunch of flashes with mid pipe and oem silencer with exup enabled. Its a super sick setup. Performs much better than any other y pipe and slip on setup IMO. Bike doesn't lose all of its midrange.

Hit me up for details on a flash for your setup when you are ready.

:cheers

:YEA

·
RIP Daniel.
104 Posts
MJS Performance also makes Mid-pipes AND uses OEM looking full exhaust systems they sell. You get the stock look, with the performance of an after market. These systems are not costly either. MJSperformance.

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
m4 has the best mid pipe that ive seen...but def get with chief!!! man knows his stuff!!

·
Just picked up an 07!
2020 R6
7 Posts
Went with the m4 and stock end cap on my 07 and didn't gut the cats in the header. Awesome sound. Have put 2000kms on her so far and am still debating getting a PC or not. Bike runs like a champ!

·
Needs to Learn
158 Posts
I was also wondering about this. I also wanted to keep stock header with the cat Honey Comb in side them and just get rid of that hunk of metal. Which Y-pipe would be best and i would also like to keep stock exhaust.

With that being said im a noob <<< and i need more knowledge on this subkect matter :OP

thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You would be better off mapping the bike. When you do the y pipe leave the catalytic material in the 2-1 header tubes. Knocking that out really kills the midrange.

Nobody has a slipon with exup butterfly.

I've done a bunch of flashes with mid pipe and oem silencer with exup enabled. Its a super sick setup. Performs much better than any other y pipe and slip on setup IMO. Bike doesn't lose all of its midrange.

Hit me up for details on a flash for your setup when you are ready.

:cheers

:YEA
That sounds good, I'm assuming the flash is like the map program I'll need to install? I don't have a power commander or anything like that. My bike is basically all stock outside of cosmetics. I've never done this before so I don't know exactly what I'll need if anyone wants to shed some light on that. Or if it's as simple is cut and clamp.

thanks in advance.

·
V-twins Rock
427 Posts
I had a M4 Cat eliminator. Sold it last week. It was a great system for the price. The only issuse that I had was trying to find a M18x1.5 plug to replace the O2 sensor after I installed My Bazzaz Zfi. It would have been nice if M4 could have included it with the mid pipe. I did the 05 R5s header mod with a 05 Yoshi slip-on. I still need to get it tuned though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had a M4 Cat eliminator. Sold it last week. It was a great system for the price. The only issuse that I had was trying to find a M18x1.5 plug to replace the O2 sensor after I installed My Bazzaz Zfi. It would have been nice if M4 could have included it with the mid pipe. I did the 05 R5s header mod with a 05 Yoshi slip-on. I still need to get it tuned though.
Ya my thought is to just the mid pipe but keep everything stock. I want to keep the o2 sensor and such

·
sportbike noob
626 Posts
The o2 sensor will stay. Most midpipe setups come with a bung for it already. Only thing you need it for is if you run a PC for tuning. Ecu flash doesnt require an o2 sensor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts