Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, after waiting a while for everything to come in..... i finally decided to install my MJSperformance midpipe an GYTR CF Slip on!! :)

I wasnt hard at all... thanx to the How to guide section at this site. I took out the whole stock exhaust and removed the exup cables.

I have a PC3 an BMC filter to install to, but im gettin it all done next week, along with a dyno tuned custom map. So thats why i still have my 02 Sensor still hooked up.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClG-r48vmHA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qzLw5a4lds

new comparison vid here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE8FFMcofGc

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
dont know how it got posted twice by the way lol i didnt mean too

·
Registered
458 Posts
sweet looks good. can u see any way to pop the logo plate off? looking at the same exhaust but mine is red so

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sweet looks good. can u see any way to pop the logo plate off? looking at the same exhaust but mine is red so
I will go check it out for ya an let ya know but i dont think u can remove it

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It appears that u can unscrew it (with some type of circular alen key) but it doesnt look like it would be a good idea lol

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
can you tell a power difference?
lol Oh yea. Its not even tuned yet an i can feel a huge difference.

but around 6000rpm, the power kinda dies, but as soon as it gets to about 7000rpm it jumps :D As in it just wants to lift an wheelie!! It reminds me of 2 strokes lol It pushes me back in my seat lol its that much of a difference lol As i say again, it hasnt been tuned yet, and thats why its not a good flow of power. But yea... its alot quicker IMO. :toocool:

U gotta take into effect that MJSperformance midpipe an the gytr are a combined weight of 10lbs total. Comparing this to the 30lbs + of the stock exhaust/cat./and stock can.

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
218 Posts
did my posts get deleted or is this a different thread

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
did my posts get deleted or is this a different thread
i made 2 threads somehow lol i didnt even mean too lol I guess when i edited the original an added a photo it made another lol weird eh :poke:poke

·
Registered
105 Posts
Your bike looks really nice man. I have a mjs header and I had GYTR slip too. I didn't care for the sound, too annoying on the highway and way too much vibration about 7k. Ordered a KR Tuned all carbon slip and removed the baffle very, happy now. I did like the lound sound of the mjs/gytr combo at times but I just had to go a different direction. I like the KR looks but I also think the GYTR is a really sweet looking piece.

Your bike looks awesome man, if you like the sound I totally understand.

·
Registered
65 Posts
i think your video just finalized my decision on getting the new midpipe. Was it a pain in the ass to install and about how long does it take to do?

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i think your video just finalized my decision on getting the new midpipe. Was it a pain in the ass to install and about how long does it take to do?
MJSPerformance midpie is awsome... really impressed me. Very happy with it.

Im a retard lol an i installed it lol Its simple..its just.. un bolt...an re bolt pretty much. It took me like an hour just to get the dang fairings off hahahah but to actually do it all...shouldnt take more then 2 hours at the most lol

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Your bike looks really nice man. I have a mjs header and I had GYTR slip too. I didn't care for the sound, too annoying on the highway and way too much vibration about 7k. Ordered a KR Tuned all carbon slip and removed the baffle very, happy now. I did like the lound sound of the mjs/gytr combo at times but I just had to go a different direction. I like the KR looks but I also think the GYTR is a really sweet looking piece.

Your bike looks awesome man, if you like the sound I totally understand.
Got a vid of the sound? or the some pics of your 6?

·
Registered
58 Posts
HBHARRISON,

I would be interested in the HP #s of the dyno tune when you get it. I have an 06 R6 with the Racefit Growler, attached to the stock header. I have been deciding to buy a Graves Titanium header off ebay for around $800 to mate up with it or do the midpipe thing. I just haven't seen any numbers on the dyno with the midpipes. I am an eagerly waiting your dyno posts. Your Ride looks sick.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts